1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 1, 2013 7:14 PM by kcbabo

working the :: First Steps with SwitchYard

aplatypus

Hello gang,

I was happily chugging away on the "getting started" switchyard page:

I will confess that I'm suffering under the twin burdens of Java 7 u25 64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit.  Using Maven 3.

Following the steps on the Getting Started I have not yet completed the 3rd step: "Deploy an Application" only made it as far as the mvn jboss-as:deploy command.

At this point I get an error:

• Failed to execute goal org.jboss.as.plugins:jboss-as-maven-plugin:7.1.1.Final:deploy (default-cli) on project switchyard-quickstart-remote-invoker: Error executing FORCE_DEPLOY: Could not execute operation

'{ "operation" => "read-children-names",  
           "child-type" => "deployment" }':

java.net.ConnectException: JBAS012144: Could not connect to remote://localhost:9999. The connection timed out

It would seem that either the Switchyard /AS server is not working as expected, or that I have a problem with the deploy goal.

When looking at the server console output

• 22:27:46,752 ERROR [org.jboss.remoting.remote.connection]
        (Remoting "c00349:MANAGEMENT" read-1) JBREM000200:
        Remote connection failed: java.io.IOException: Received an invalid message length of 1195725856

I can't think how that error is manifest, though there seems to be one such message with each attempt to run the MVN goal.  Another error that seems to correspond to my attempts to use the browser to get localhost:9999 is a message about a rejected connnection (which makes sense).

• 22:27:46,713 ERROR [org.jboss.remoting.remote.connection]
        (Remoting "c00349:MANAGEMENT" read-1) JBREM000200:
        Remote connection failed: java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

So one asks, is there a problem here that can be rectified?  Or, do I need to seek a server update? 

I wondered if I need to create a login and if so, how to I tell the server my login-credentials when using the Maven deploy goal?

Suggestions welcome.  Comments welcome.  Also Keith B mentioned Eclipse; I'm interested in trying that route. Right now my objective is to evaluate the funcionality right now, not see it fit into a production environment.  Thanks in advance for helpful input / questions.

Cheers,

Will.

• 1. Re: working the :: First Steps with SwitchYard
          kcbabo

The first error seems like a potential port conflict.  Let's ignore the other messages for a second.  With the AS stopped, can you do a netstat (or whatever the equivalent is on Windows) to see if port 9999 is occupied by another process?  If you have a firewall enabled which prevents binds against certain address ranges that could be another possibility.