0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2013 9:50 PM by gmlopezdev

jboss-deployment-structure questions

gmlopezdev

Hi,

I've read articles about jboss AS7 classloading mechanism however I still have some doubts about it and hope the community is able to provide feedback :-)

I know we can set specific instructions to activate/deactivate modules by adding jboss-deployment-structure.xml wihtin ear's META-INF directory and it appears to be able to do it by the usage of basically two tags:

1 - A <deployment> tag in which we can add dependencies and exclusions among other elements. I couldn't find specific documentation about its meaning or how it is supposed to work or be used. Is the scope of this settings global to all sub modules contained within the ear? If so I haven't been able to get it to work this way :-(

2 - A <sub-deployment> tag in which we can add dependencies and exclusions within among other elements.

- what's the usage pattern for each (deployment vs sub-deployment?

- Placing dependencies/exclusions at deployment level means that will be applied to sub deployments?

Meanwhile I had to repeat dependencies and exclusions at deployment and subdeployment leven in order to get it to work but I guess this is might not be the correct way to do it. I've found a bug (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-3955) that might be related to this confusing behavior but I'd like to get more feedback from the community.

Thanks in advance for your help!

If you have any link with more detailed reference about this topic it will also be appreciated.