0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2013 10:51 PM by jrhite_boss

cannot run tests in arquillian-weld profile using jboss-javaee6-webapp-ear-blank-archetype

jrhite_boss

I've created an ear project using a jboss archetype and am then trying to use the instructions in the Arquillian Getting Starting Guide to get my project running tests using Arquillian in Eclipse using either a JBoss container or embedded weld container (depending on the maven profile I choose).

I am configuring a new ear project using maven with prototype jboss-javaee6-webapp-ear-blank-archetype

It sets up everything nice and clean. But in Eclipse when I change my profile to use arq-weld-ee-embedded I see the following error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No org.jboss.arquillian.container.spi.client.protocol.metadata.HTTPContext found in org.jboss.arquillian.container.spi.client.protocol.metadata.ProtocolMetaData. Servlet protocol can not be used

Any idea what's causing this or how to fix it?

The pertinent parts of the parent pom.xml (I think) looks like:

<dependencyManagement>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.bom</groupId>

<artifactId>jboss-javaee-6.0-with-tools</artifactId>

<version>${jboss.bom.version}</version>

<type>pom</type>

<scope>import</scope>

</dependency>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.bom</groupId>

<artifactId>jboss-javaee-6.0-with-hibernate</artifactId>

<version>${jboss.bom.version}</version>

<type>pom</type>

<scope>import</scope>

</dependency>

<...snip...>

</dependencyManagement>

And in the ejb project's (the child) pom.xml I have these dependencies:

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.arquillian.junit</groupId>

<artifactId>arquillian-junit-container</artifactId>

<scope>test</scope>

</dependency>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.arquillian.protocol</groupId>

<artifactId>arquillian-protocol-servlet</artifactId>

<scope>test</scope>

</dependency>

And have the following arq-weld-ee-embedded profile:

<profile>

<id>arq-weld-ee-embedded</id>

<dependencies>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.spec</groupId>

<artifactId>jboss-javaee-6.0</artifactId>

<version>1.0.0.Final</version>

<type>pom</type>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.arquillian.container</groupId>

<artifactId>arquillian-weld-ee-embedded-1.1</artifactId>

<version>1.0.0.CR3</version>

<scope>test</scope>

</dependency>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.weld</groupId>

<artifactId>weld-core</artifactId>

<version>1.1.5.Final</version>

<scope>test</scope>

</dependency>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>

<artifactId>slf4j-simple</artifactId>

<version>1.6.4</version>

<scope>test</scope>

</dependency>

</dependencies>

</profile>