Hello,

I am trying to install jboss ESB.

I am using the following book as a reference:

"JBoss ESB

Beginner's Guide

A comprehensive, practical guide to developing

service-based applications using the Open Source JBoss

Enterprise Service Bus"

I downloaded JBoss 5.1.0 and JBoss ESB 4.12 (from the official site)

But, i encountered the following problems:

1- it is said in the book that JBossESB directory contains the following directories:

conf &‰ data &‰ deploy & deployers

but the installation directory i downloaded contains the following: Nouvelle image bitmap.bmp

2- when i tryed to deploy JBossESB on my JBoss server (ant deploy), i've got the following error:

Nouvelle image bitmap.bmp

so i changed the "build.xml" file and inserted statically the deployement properties, this way:

<property name="org.jboss.esb.server.config" value="all"/>

<property name="org.jboss.esb.server.home" value="C:\\tools\\serveur\\jboss-5.1.0.GA-jdk6\\"/>

and it worked.

3- After that, i started the JBoss server with the command: run.bat -c all

the server started but i've got a lot of errors (84 errors).

the log file is attached.

Thank you

• 1. Re: Problem running jboss ESB
          tcunning

I'll take the issues point by point :

But, i encountered the following problems:

1- it is said in the book that JBossESB directory contains the following directories:

conf &&#137; data &&#137; deploy & deployers

but the installation directory i downloaded contains the following: Nouvelle image bitmap.bmp

I think you are referring to page 26, which talks about the contents of the appserver, not the contents of the ESB distribution zip.      Your ESB distribution looks fine.

2- when i tryed to deploy JBossESB on my JBoss server (ant deploy), i've got the following error:

Nouvelle image bitmap.bmp

so i changed the "build.xml" file and inserted statically the deployement properties, this way:

<property name="org.jboss.esb.server.config" value="all"/>

<property name="org.jboss.esb.server.home" value="C:\\tools\\serveur\\jboss-5.1.0.GA-jdk6\\"/>

and it worked.

That's not the recommended step.      You should be following the instructions on p. 30 - 31.

3- After that, i started the JBoss server with the command: run.bat -c all

the server started but i've got a lot of errors (84 errors).

the log file is attached.

If you post a server.log, (attach it to your post), I can look at it, but it sounds like you didn't follow the correct steps and ESB wasn't installed correctly.