0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2013 7:21 AM by hatchetman82

arquillian + jacoco - jacoco.exec file empty when jboss started by arquillian

hatchetman82

im trying to integrate jacoco into my continuous development environment.

after several unsuccessful attempts to use arquillian-jacoco i figured i'd try something simpler - just attach the jacoco agent to the jboss jvm and get the *.exec file.

for this i've added the followinf to my arquillian.xml:

<property name="javaVmArguments">-Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Djboss.server.log.dir=logs -javaagent:C:\.m2\repository\org\jacoco\org.jacoco.agent\0.6.2.201302030002\org.jacoco.agent-0.6.2.201302030002-runtime.jar=destfile=C:\jacoco.exec,includes=*,excludes=,append=true,output=file,classdumpdir=classdumpdir,dumponexit=true</property>

the jacoco.exec file is indeed created (when arquillian starts jboss), but its empty, and remains empty (the tests themselves run and complete successfully).

when i add that exact same -javaagent argument to the exact same jboss (started manually by me) it works -jacoco.exec is created non-empty (few dozen KB in size) and when jboss shuts down it gets to about ~1M in size.

im using jboss 7.1.3, jboss-as-arquillian-container-managed 7.1.3.Final, and arquillian 1.0.3.Final

any ideas?