I am stuck on the next steps for JBoss AS7, Maven & DataNucleus.
I posted https://community.jboss.org/message/831214 and got the basics working.
The database is fully functional and I can do things using old-school PreparedStatement/ResultSet setups.
However, I am stuck on the next steps.
For my playtime-ear module I created:
I build and deploy with no issues but am having issues with getting the suggested following code:
PersistenceManagerFactory pmf = (PersistenceManagerFactory) context.lookup("java:/testMeDS"); PersistenceManager pm = pmf.getPersistenceManager();
There's a few questions I have now:
- What is the proper dependency I should have in my POM for this?
- Generic JDO (which seems preferable) or should I go with DataNucleus specifically?
- Currently using: http://www.mvnrepository.com/artifact/javax.jdo/jdo-api/3.0.1
- When I try to access my new setup as listed in the code above, I'm not seeing it (NameNotFoundException: testMeDS) - why not?
- Are the 3 files I created actually necessary for my META-INF? Am I missing any?
- Do I need to actually deal with the rar file as mentioned in Step 5? If I'm deploying via Maven it doesn't seems like it should be necessary.
I can't find too much doc online bout going through this with Maven that's for extreme n00bs like me.
I attached my 3 META-INF files here.