4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2013 11:02 AM by arneosthues

Annoying Exception in latest build: could not create Vfs.Dir

marius.gerwinn

When we started to build the latest errai version by ourself we got some annoying error message:

[ERROR] 18:49:34 (Reflections.java:210) could not create Vfs.Dir from url. ignoring the exception and continuing
      [ERROR] org.jboss.errai.reflections.ReflectionsException: could not create Vfs.Dir from url, no matching UrlType was found [file:/System/Library/Java/Extensions/QTJava.zip]
      [ERROR] Available types: [jarfile, jarUrl, directory, vfsfile, vfszip, org.jboss.errai.common.metadata.WarUrlType@5baade52, *.jnilib]
      [ERROR] Do you need to add app server specific support to your deployment? (For example, errai-jboss-as-support for AS7)
      [ERROR] at org.jboss.errai.reflections.vfs.Vfs.fromURL(Vfs.java:126)

The message above is copied from eclipse on a mac.

Using windows/linux produces slightly different error messages.

We think that this is related to the java runtime path. So we quickfixed it by putting our java runtime in different path.

Is there any other fix for that problem?

Despite this annoying error message the build is working totally fine.

• 1. Re: Annoying Exception in latest build: could not create Vfs.Dir
          csa

Hi Marius,

Is this with the latest changes of Errai? I thought I had fixed this with this commit about 2 weeks ago: https://github.com/errai/errai/commit/bb7e03c0efa46f04c3ac83489af6ab6c46e6f039

I can't see these "errors" anymore in my local build.

Cheers,

Christian

• 2. Re: Annoying Exception in latest build: could not create Vfs.Dir
            arneosthues

Hey Christian,

thanks for your fast reply! We merged the latest changes into our fork and the error on the mac is gone now!  ( I work with Marius)

There is still an error on windows though. IF the path to the jdk contains spaces. Default would be c:/program files/java/jdk/... this produces the error I pasted below.

As a workaround we copied the jdk to a path without spaces and this works flawlessly.

Shall we open a ticket for that?

Regards,

arne

[ERROR] 12:16:11 (Reflections.java:210) could not create Vfs.Dir from url. ignoring the exception and continuing

[INFO] org.jboss.errai.reflections.ReflectionsException: could not create Dir using org.jboss.errai.reflections.vfs.Vfs$DefaultUrlTypes$1 from url file:/C:/Program%20Files/Java/jdk1.7.0_25/jre/lib/ext/sunmscapi.jar

[INFO]     at org.jboss.errai.reflections.vfs.Vfs.fromURL(Vfs.java:121) ~[reflections-2.4-SNAPSHOT.jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT]

[INFO]     at org.jboss.errai.reflections.vfs.Vfs.fromURL(Vfs.java:108) ~[reflections-2.4-SNAPSHOT.jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT]

[INFO]     at org.jboss.errai.reflections.Reflections.scan(Reflections.java:205) ~[reflections-2.4-SNAPSHOT.jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT]

[INFO]     at org.jboss.errai.validation.rebind.GwtValidatorGenerator$ValidationScanner.<init>(GwtValidatorGenerator.java:55) ~[errai-validation-2.4-SNAPSHOT.jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT]

[INFO]     at org.jboss.errai.validation.rebind.GwtValidatorGenerator.<init>(GwtValidatorGenerator.java:63) ~[errai-validation-2.4-SNAPSHOT.jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT]

[INFO]     at org.jboss.errai.validation.rebind.ValidatorFactoryGenerator.generate(ValidatorFactoryGenerator.java:53) ~[errai-validation-2.4-SNAPSHOT.jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT]

[INFO]     at org.jboss.errai.config.rebind.AbstractAsyncGenerator$1.call(AbstractAsyncGenerator.java:42) ~[errai-config-2.4-SNAPSHOT.jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT]

• 3. Re: Annoying Exception in latest build: could not create Vfs.Dir
              csa

Hi Arne,

Yes, please create a JIRA for that (with Fix version 2.4.0.Final)!

Cheers,

Christian

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Annoying Exception in latest build: could not create Vfs.Dir
                arneosthues