1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 9, 2003 6:26 PM by svaret

JDBC driver loading delay?

svaret

Hi,

For my web applcation I use mysql both for data storage but also for form based authentication when users want to login.

To use mysql from java I need the mysql JDBC driver. For this reason I have put the jar-file containing the driver in the /WEB-INF/lib directory of my web app.

Now, the first time I try to login to the application after starting JBoss I always get an error message like follows:

org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Apparently wrong driver class specified for U
      RL: class: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver, url: jdbc:mysql://localhost/betservant; - ne
      sted throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Apparently wrong dri
      ver class specified for URL: class: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver, url: jdbc:mysql://l
      ocalhost/betservant)

But, every login attempt after the first time is successful when I enter the proper uisername and password.

To me it seems that there is some delay problem of loading the jar-file containing the JDBC-driver. It looks like when the error occurs the first time it manages to load the driver so that all following login attempts are working.

Has anyone experienced any problem in loading jar-libs in jboss 3.2.0 ?

Best regards

Lasse