3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2013 1:49 AM by swiderski.maciej

Can't get jbpm-5.4.0.Final-installer-full.zip to be working properly from fresh installation

corpsusvitale

I have been trying to get JBPM 5.4.0 installed and running for a couple of days now without any luck. I'm seriously disappointed that this installation doesn't simply work out of the box. It obviously results in a lot of frustration and moreover might result in passing on JBPM for my project. For now I'm still very much keen on getting things up and running but I need help.

So today I decided to start from scratch again. I downloaded jbpm-5.4.0.Final-installer-full.zip and started a clean installation. I did change the download location for eclipse since the url is obviously still wrong in the installer (see others posts). So here's what I did:

- download jbpm-5.4.0.Final-installer-full.zip

- unzip into D:\jbpm-installer

- edited build.xml to set the download location of eclipse to the proper URL

- start installation: ant install.demo

The installation finished without problems. So far so good. But when I start with 'ant start.demo', the server.log lists a load of errors and warnings. I've attached server.log and boot.log from after the clean install and first startup.

I'm using:

- Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

- JDK 1.7.0

- Ant 1.9.2

• 1. Re: Can't get jbpm-5.4.0.Final-installer-full.zip to be working properly from fresh installation
          corpsusvitale

Would anybody care to respond? I would love to get cracking with jbpm but i cant even get started! Frankly I find it hard to understand how a simple out-of-the-box example doesn't even properly install when it has been out this long and hasn't bern touched near to a year. How did you guys that got it up and running get it to run?? Again a little help here would be very welcome!

• 2. Re: Can't get jbpm-5.4.0.Final-installer-full.zip to be working properly from fresh installation
            wolthu

Hi,

Maybe the answer is on jbpm-5.4.0.Final-installer-full.zip fails to install

Goodluck

• 3. Re: Re: Can't get jbpm-5.4.0.Final-installer-full.zip to be working properly from fresh installation
              swiderski.maciej

it looks like your system is extremely slow, just looking at following lines:

13:43:28,923 INFO  [org.hibernate.cfg.Environment] (MSC service thread 1-6) HHH000021: Bytecode provider name : javassist
              13:43:34,930 INFO  [org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration] (MSC service thread 1-6) HHH000204: Processing PersistenceUnitInfo [
                  name: org.jbpm.task
                  ...]
              13:44:23,740 INFO  [org.hibernate.service.jdbc.connections.internal.ConnectionProviderInitiator] (MSC service thread 1-6) HHH000130: Instantiating explicit connection provider: org.hibernate.ejb.connection.InjectedDataSourceConnectionProvider
              13:45:07,548 INFO  [org.hibernate.dialect.Dialect] (MSC service thread 1-6) HHH000400: Using dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.H2Dialect

you can notice that parsing of persistence.xml of task service takes almost one minute where it should take less than a second. Seems you run it on windows so maybe you can check if the jboss is not using any shared/network drive for the content as that is quite common case when such issues happen.

The general cause of the failure is timeout of jboss deployment service that is not able to deploy applications within 5 minutes.

13:47:37,929 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015052: Did not receive a response to the deployment operation within the allowed timeout period [300 seconds]. Check the server configuration file and the server logs to find more about the status of the deployment.
              13:47:37,936 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS015871: Deploy of deployment "jbpm-gwt-console-server.war" was rolled back with no failure message

You can increase the timeout in standalone.xml and check jboss application server documentation for exact steps.

HTH