1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 11, 2013 5:11 PM by jensaug

Can i add/remove modules using JBoss CLI in Jboss AS 7.1.1

manoj.m.agarwal

When i am trying to add a module using below CLI command, i get module add as Unexpected command. Is adding/removing modules using CLI in AS 7.1.1 permitted ?

[standalone@localhost:9999 /] module add --name=org.datacom --resources=\RND_WRK\jars\cadcjdbc-14.00.007.jar

Unexpected command 'module add --name=org.datacom --resources=\RND_WRK\jars\cadcjdbc-14.00.007.jar'. Type 'help --commands' for the list of supported command

s.

I tried to see supported commands using 'help --commands'  but i dint see module add in the list -

[standalone@localhost:9999 /] help --commands

Commands available in the current context:

batch             cd                clear             command           connect           data-source       deploy            deployment-info

echo-dmr          help              history           ls                pwd               quit              read-attribute    read-operation

undeploy          version           xa-data-source

To read a description of a specific command execute 'command_name --help'.

[standalone@localhost:9999 /] module --help

Unexpected command 'module --help'. Type 'help --commands' for the list of supported commands.

• 1. Re: Can i add/remove modules using JBoss CLI in Jboss AS 7.1.1
          jensaug

Manoj,

Short answer: No.

There is no 'module' command in 7.1.1.Final. To handle modules in runtime, you can add a /META-INF/jboss-deployment-structure.xml file with a module element, something like this:

<jboss-deployment-structure>

<module name="deployment.org.datacom" slot="main" >

<resources>

<resource-root path="."/>

</resources>

</module>

</jboss-deployment-structure>

This way you can handle slot/versions of your 'module', dependencies, exports etc. But depending on what you want to achieve - any deployment can be referenced using a module-alike dependency, so you can also simply deploy your archive 'datacom-1.0.SNAPSHOT.jar' and create depdendencies to 'deployment.datacom-1.0.SNAPSHOT.jar'

However, you'll find the module command in later versions, like 7.1.3.Final and 7.2.0.Final

br,

Jens