0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2013 9:12 PM by alkoch

Why does JBoss always redeploy .WAR files that have already been deployed but not changed?

alkoch

Hello,

I am new to using the JBoss 7.1.1 server and am confused by a behavior that I have observed.

My JBoss server is deploying the six jBPM .war files (designer, drools-guvnor, jbpm-form-builder, jbpm-gwt-console, jbpm-gwt-console-server, jbpm-human-task-war) which I have placed in the .\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\standalone\deployments folder.  When I launched the server for the very first time it detected these files and deployed them.  I see the deploymentNNN and tempNNN folders appear in the .\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\standalone\tmp\vfs  folder.  This is similar to the behavior I'm familiar with from my use of the tomcat server.  I then shut the server down and observe that the two folders created in .\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\standalone\tmp\vfs are retained but their contents are automatically deleted.  When I restart the server it once again deploys the six jBPM files into a new pair of folders in .\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\standalone\tmp\vfs.  This is very surprising because no changes have been made to the six jBPM files and the problem is that this redeployment takes 3 to 4 minutes.  If this was just happening in a "production" environment then perhaps this would not be much of an issue.  However, I am trying to integrate the JBoss server into use with Eclipse Kepler in a development environment and having to wait 3 to 4 minutes for each code change and server launch is not practical.

1) Can anyone explain why JBoss goes to the trouble to redeploy files that have not been changed?

2) Is this a behavior that can be changed through a configuration setting?

Thank you,

Al