3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2013 5:27 PM by Soundar Chennai

JMX connection from JBoss to Weblogic

Soundar Chennai Newbie

Hello everyone,

i'm trying to get the deployment details in Weblogic server by using JMX connection from JBoss on t3s or RMI port. I have tried may steps and i have failed to find the way to implement. Can you please share your ideas?

Thanks

• 1. Re: JMX connection from JBoss to Weblogic
          jaikiran pai Master

What problems are you running into? Which exact version of JBoss AS/WildFly? What does your code look like?

• 2. Re: JMX connection from JBoss to Weblogic
            Soundar Chennai Newbie

Thanks for your response Jaikiran.

I'm getting the following exception:

<code>

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'clientConnector' defined in class path resource [spring-jmx.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: <b><IPADDRESS 1></b>; nested exception is:
                java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]

</code>

I'm trying to connect to a remote Weblogic server(<IPADDRESS 2>) but i keep seeing the local JBOSS IPADDRESS(<IPADDRESS 1>) where my application is running.

I'm using the following URL to connect:

service:jmx:rmi://<IPADDRESS 2>:8880/jndi/rmi://<IPADDRESS 2>:8880/jmxconnector

Also i use the following configuration in spring.xml:

<bean id="clientConnector" class="org.springframework.jmx.support.MBeanServerConnectionFactoryBean">

<property name="serviceUrl" value="service:jmx:rmi://<IPADDRESS 2>:8880/jndi/rmi://<IPADDRESS 2>:8880/jmxconnector" />

</bean>

Please let me know what i'm missing here.

• 3. Re: JMX connection from JBoss to Weblogic
              Soundar Chennai Newbie

just added the weblogicjmx client jar to the class path and now i'm getting different error.

org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: Could not instantiate ORB implementation: org.jacorb.orb.ORB

at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create(ORB.java:102)

at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:60)

at weblogic.corba.j2ee.naming.ORBHelper.createORB(ORBHelper.java:424)

at weblogic.corba.j2ee.naming.ORBHelper.getORBReferenceWithRetry(ORBHelper.java:571)

at weblogic.corba.j2ee.naming.ORBHelper.getORBReference(ORBHelper.java:547)

at weblogic.corba.j2ee.naming.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:85)

at weblogic.corba.j2ee.naming.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:31)

at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactory.java:41)

at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:288)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)

at weblogic.management.remote.common.ClientProviderBase.makeConnection(ClientProviderBase.java:143)

at weblogic.management.remote.common.ClientProviderBase.newJMXConnector(ClientProviderBase.java:79)

at javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.newJMXConnector(JMXConnectorFactory.java:338)

at javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:247)