Hi guys, I've linked a pull request to my personal github repository (so we don't pollute the richfaces pull requests) for issue RF-12952.
This is a pretty significant re-factoring, but all functionality should remain the same. To verify the functionality preservation I've ensured the unit and smoke tests pass. I tried comparing the faces-config.xml and taglib.xml files before and after this changeset, but the changes in attribute order make text diffs useless, and I've not been able to find a suitable xml diff tool to do the comparison.
ppitonak can you run our functional tests against the following branch:
(let me know if it's easier to run the tests from master, and I can merge the branch)
As per our discussion in IRC, I've merged the changes into master.