2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2003 2:57 PM by pluellen

a perplexing problem

pluellen

I'm using jboss-3.2.1_tomcat-4.1.24 and MySql as a datasource.

I have an entity bean with a field named 'name'. When I execute my test script against it, I get

[pre]Method is not a known CMP field accessor, CMR field accessor, or ejbSelect method: methodName=setName[/pre]
      I had previously been getting no errors in my test script. I refactored some of my code and now get the above error.

When I change the field name to something else (like 'myName') I get no errors.

I think the error message (above) is bogus and it's really masking some other problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

• 1. Re: a perplexing problem
          raja05

I have no issue deploying this on 3.0.4. Ill try with 3.2 later at home. in which of ur beans is this issue coming up?

• 2. Re: a perplexing problem
            pluellen

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am also able to deploy the .jar file with no problems.

I'm getting troubles when I create an instance of one of the entities (entity name='Attribute'). The problem occurs only when the 'Attribute' entity has a field named 'name'. No problem when I change the field name to 'myName'.

I had a similar error message using 3.0.4 but I think it was really a bogus message. The real problem was that I had a couple of mismatches between my session bean remote and ejb method signatures.

Let me know if there is any other info that would be helpful.

Thanks again - I appreciate the help.