1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 17, 2013 10:15 PM by weinanli

HAModClusterServiceMBean removed in mod_cluster 1.2.6.Final and what does it mean?

weinanli

Hi,

I saw HAModClusterServiceMBean.java is removed since 1.2.6.Final: https://github.com/modcluster/mod_cluster/commit/c50037d69b18305ec4143654758596d51555d1cd

Does that mean the "Clustered mode" will be removed from now on?

• 1. Re: HAModClusterServiceMBean removed in mod_cluster 1.2.6.Final and what does it mean?
          weinanli

Paul has helped to answer this question:

Q:

In "standalone/deployments/mod_cluster.sar/META-INF/mod_cluster-jboss-beans.xml" it has:

<annotation>@org.jboss.aop.microcontainer.aspects.jmx.JMX(name="jboss.web:service=ModCluster",exposedInterface=org.jboss.modcluster.ha.HAModClusterServiceMBean.class)</annotation>

Is the "org.jboss.modcluster.ha.HAModClusterServiceMBean.class" used in AS7?

A:

No - it is not. The jboss-ha-server module on which it depends does not

exist in AS7.

Q:

I saw this "org.jboss.modcluster.ha.HAModClusterServiceMBean.java" has been removed since 1.2.6.Final, does that mean the 'clustered mode' is already deprecated?

A:

Correct. We removed this for a couple of reasons.

* It depends on code from AS5/6 that was deprecated in AS7.

* It added a lot of complexity without much added value

* The biggest benefit, i.e. the execution of manageement operations to

an entire load balancing group, can be implemented via AS7 management

operations on the domain controller.

Q:

Does mod_cluster talk with every node in AS7 cluster or it just communicate with the domain controller?

A: Each node communicates with the load balancer.

Q:

Are their any differences when mod_cluster is working with standalone mode and domain mode?

A: None