7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2013 7:28 AM by opdias

a4j:render with multiple fields

opdias

I have an application using three cascade dropdowns (one of them triggers the others). I'm using a4j:ajax for .

<a4j:ajax event="valueChange" render=":formPesquisa:cdPfl :formPesquisa:cdMnu" execute="@form" />

• Using IE 10 (10.0.9200.16686) the second field in render list doesn't update.
      • Using FireFox e Chrome the applications works fine.

I put an a4j:log command in the page.

The result for IE is:

Element update for id=formPesquisa:cdMnu
      <update id="formPesquisa:cdMnu"><![CDATA[<select id="formPesquisa:cdMnu" name="formPesquisa:cdMnu" size="1"> <option value="200">Performance </option> <option value="300">Financeiro </option> <option value="400">Acionamento </option> <option value="500">Agentes </option> <option value="70">Aging </option> <option value="1" selected="selected">Config </option> <option value="600">LOSANGO </option> <option value="10">Agentes </option>< /select>]]></update>
      Element update for id=formPesquisa:cdPfl
      <update id="formPesquisa:cdPfl"><![CDATA[<select id="formPesquisa:cdPfl" name="formPesquisa:cdPfl" size="1"> <option value="302">Consultores A2S</option> <option value="322">AUDITORES EXTERNOS</option> <option value="468">PLANEJAMENTO</option>< /select>]]></update>
      Element update for id=javax.faces.ViewState
      <update id="javax.faces.ViewState"><![CDATA[5236020712296251811:2509790192194722504]]></update>

error[13:17:34.930]: Received 'error@malformedXML' event from <select id=formPesquisa:cdSis ...>

error[13:17:34.931]: [200] undefined: undefined

info [13:17:34.932]: Received 'complete' event from <select id=formPesquisa:cdSis ...>

The result for Firefox is:

Element update for id=formPesquisa:cdMnu
      <update id="formPesquisa:cdMnu"><![CDATA[<select id="formPesquisa:cdMnu" name="formPesquisa:cdMnu" size="1"> <option value="1" selected="selected">Cadastro </option> <option value="2">Associacao </option> <option value="3">Manual </option> <option value="4">Tabelas </option> </select>]]></update>
      Element update for id=formPesquisa:cdPfl
      <update id="formPesquisa:cdPfl"><![CDATA[<select id="formPesquisa:cdPfl" name="formPesquisa:cdPfl" size="1"> <option value="1">ADMINISTRADOR E-COB</option> <option value="2">TESTE</option> <option value="3">TESTE 55</option> </select>]]></update>
      Element update for id=javax.faces.ViewState
      <update id="javax.faces.ViewState"><![CDATA[6522548950814803962:9153646928807400277]]></update>

info [13:17:00.969]: Received 'success' event from <select id=formPesquisa:cdSis ...>

info [13:17:00.970]: Received 'complete' event from <select id=formPesquisa:cdSis ...>

Am I doing anything wrong? Or Is it a bug?

• 1. Re: a4j:render with multiple fields
          bleathem

The response from the server contains malformed XML?  Is there anything in your server log indicating why this would be the case?

What version of RichFaces are you using?  To what container are you deploying?  Which impl/version of JSF?

• 2. Re: a4j:render with multiple fields
            opdias

Hi, Brian,

I'm using:

Richfaces 4.2.2

Apache Tomcat 7

JRE 1.6

I'm looking for the server log to answer your question.

Thanks in advance.

OD

• 3. Re: a4j:render with multiple fields
              opdias

Hi, Brian,

There are noting in the Tomcat Logs about the matter. My Tomcat is configured for development environment.

I think the problem is localized in dom update for IE. In this case, the log of Tomcat couldnt't have any information.

The problem occurs in JRE 7 too.

OD

• 4. Re: a4j:render with multiple fields
                bleathem

Try a newer RichFaces (4.3.3 for instance).  Also the implementation and version of you JSF implementation is significant.  MyFaces? Mojarra?  What version?

• 5. Re: a4j:render with multiple fields
                  opdias

Brian, Tks.

I downloaded the 4.3.3 RichFaces Version.  I'm going to copy the project and I'll aply the 4.3.3. Version on it.

I'm using Mojarra:

Bundle-Version: 2.0.2.FCS

Bundle-Description: Mojarra JSF Implementation (javax.faces/2.0) 2.0.2

-FCS

Bundle-Name: Mojarra JSF Implementation 2.0.2-FCS

Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.0

Originally-Created-By: 1.5.0_19-137 (Apple Inc.)

Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2

Bundle-SymbolicName: javax.faces/com.sun.faces.mojarra-jsf-impl

Implementation-Title: Mojarra

Tool: Bnd-0.0.249

Extension-Name: com.sun.faces

Implementation-Version: 2.0.2-FCS

Implementation-Vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

• 6. Re: a4j:render with multiple fields
                    bleathem

Mojarra 2.0.2 is over 3 years old, be sure to update that to a later release as well.

• 7. Re: a4j:render with multiple fields
                      opdias

Brian,

I changed to Mojarra 2.2.3 and the error ws fixed.

Tks.

OD