1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 2, 2013 5:39 AM by ihatetoregister

javax.security.sasl.SaslException  when trying to connect to JBoss 7 server from java client

ihatetoregister

My java client ( run from within eclipse ) now gives me the following SASL error when i make an attempt to connect to an external server . When the server is local then the executions is OK .

- JBREM000200: Remote connection failed: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: Authentication failed: all available authentication mechanisms failed - Could not register a EJB receiver for connection to remote://10.160.148.61:4447 java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: Authentication failed: all available authentication mechanisms failed

I have tried to follow the steps mentioned EJB invocations from a remote client using JNDI - JBoss AS 7.1 - Project Documentation Editor

The exception tells me there is something wrong in my configuration files related to authentication . Here is my ejb_client_properties file

remote.connectionprovider.create.options.org.xnio.Options.SSL_ENABLED=false 

remote.connections=default

remote.connection.default.host=10.160.148.61

remote.connection.default.port = 4447

remote.connection.default.connect.options.org.xnio.Options.SASL_POLICY_NOANONYMOUS=false

remote.connection.default.username=tan

remote.connection.default.password=f2b1c3c7d3f1e224cbf6508494cf0418

Note : the user tan is added to my mgt.user.properties file on the server . I used add-user.bat to add a user in the server . I also added an application user . I use the same credentials to pass to the server .I tried both mgmt user & application users.

I cant think of anything else .

My ejb calling is as follows :

final Hashtable jndiProperties = new Hashtable();

jndiProperties.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jboss.ejb.client.naming");

InitialContext aJNDI = new InitialContext(jndiProperties);

Ppi handle = (Ppi) aJNDI .lookup("ejb:PPIEAR/PService/PConnect!com.gem.p.PConnection?stateful");

I see numerous threads related to the exception but unable to fix it Can someone help .

I also have a legitimate SSL certificate installed on the server . Do i need to do something extra to take care of that ?

• 1. Re: javax.security.sasl.SaslException  when trying to connect to JBoss 7 server from java client
          ihatetoregister

Ok I have been able to figure out the problem .

It was a case of the the application user being added incorrectly on the server side . Specifically see below .

[userone@localhost bin]$ ./add-user.sh

What type of user do you wish to add?

a) Management User (mgmt-users.properties)

b) Application User (application-users.properties)

(a): b

Enter the details of the new user to add.

Realm (ApplicationRealm) :  ApplicationRealm ---->> Careful Here . You need to type this or leave it blank . I filled an incorrect value here and things went wrong from there .

Username : testuser

Password : testpassword

Re-enter Password : testpassword

What roles do you want this user to belong to? (Please enter a comma separated list, or leave blank for none) : testrole

About to add user 'testuser' for realm 'ApplicationRealm'

Is this correct yes/no? yes

Added user 'testuser' to file '/home/userone/jboss-as-7.1.0.Final/standalone/configuration/application-users.properties'

Added user 'testuser' to file '/home/userone/jboss-as-7.1.0.Final/domain/configuration/application-users.properties'

Added user 'testuser' with roles testrole to file '/home/userone/jboss-as-7.1.0.Final/standalone/configuration/application-roles.properties'

Added user 'testuser' with roles testrole to file '/home/userone/jboss-as-7.1.0.Final/domain/configuration/application-roles.properties'

I took me a long time to figure this out . Helpful link for the same :: http://middlewaremagic.com/jboss/?p=1466