0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2013 3:43 PM by rpunit

JBOSS AS 7 times out without any error

rpunit

I am migrating an application from JBOSS 4 to JBOSSAS 7. I followed the guide for migration, converted all the ejbs to ejb3 fixed the JNDI names. After I deploy the ear I see message that the EJBs are bound. After that it goes in a wait state and then just times out with this message:

JBAS015052: Did not receive a response to the deployment operation within the allowed timeout period [1200 seconds]. Check the server configuration file and the server logs to find more about the status of the deployment.

I turned on the logging to DEBUG, which gives me a few exceptions about Transaction and NIO etc (which after spending a lot of time in JBOSS message groups and this one, I found were harmless).

I don't know how to debug this. I got the stack dump of the process but all I see is that the deployment scanner was waiting on something. Not sure what :

"DeploymentScanner-threads - 2" prio=5 tid=0000000003d77400 nid=0xb6447000 in Object.wait() [00000000b6446000] java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)

Anyone know how to debug this ?