2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2013 10:43 AM by coconut788

Do I need TaskServer?

coconut788

I am trying to configure JBPM 5.4 persistence with spring +Hibernate4 + JPA2. I only need to store the information that would enable he process to continue if the server crashed. I guess I need SessionInfo, ProcessInstanceInfo and WorkItemInfo, so that I can retrieve Session with session id and do session.getWorkItemmanager.completeWorkItem a workitem using workItem id (I store workitem id on my side as well).

I think I am configuring Process Persistence, and I don't think I don't need TaskServer or TaskService. am I right? Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you!

• 1. Re: Do I need TaskServer?
          salaboy21

If you are not planing to use Human Task / User Tasks in your processes you will be ok without the Human Task Server. Remember that you can also set up a local task service without any transport (Mina or HornetQ).

HTH

• 2. Re: Do I need TaskServer?
            coconut788

Thank you for your reply,

Mauricio,

Actually, I am planning to use several human task/user tasks in my process. Does that mean I have to set up the task service?

What I don't understand is that in non-persistent environment, I do not have task service and the whole process works fine. But in persistence enviroment without a task service, when I try to complete a human task work item, nothing happened...that task never exits....Do I have to complete the task first and then complete the work item, to let the process comtinue?