After installing the latest (4.9.0) RHQ (see below steps) the RHQ Web Console doesn't show up. For a fraction of a second I see RHQ logo and "Loading..." text, then the Web page becomes blank. When I did the same installation earlier today the login page came up after some time but I cannot make this work anymore. I recall having the same issue with the previous version. What could be wrong? I doubt I'm the only one who is experiencing this issue. The server log doesn't show any errors (except XA warnings related to Oracle but I expect these to go away once additional permissions are granted to the user).
If someone is wondering, -Djava.security.egd=file:///dev/urandom is required for Oracle JDBC to work properly on a headless system (this is a known issue).
1) Extract RHQ installation archive to <RHQ_HOME>
2) Edit database and SMTP properties under <RHQ_HOME>/bin/rhq-server.properties
3) Define the following property in <RHQ_HOME>/bin/rhqctl:
4) Define the following property in <RHQ_HOME>/bin/rhq-server.sh:
5) Define the following property in <RHQ_HOME>/bin/rhq-installer.sh:
6) Define the following property in <RHQ_HOME>/bin/rhq-storage-installer.sh:
7) Add the following JVM argument to <RHQ_HOME>/bin/wrapper/rhq-server-wrapper.conf:
8) Add the following JVM argument to <RHQ_HOME>/bin/wrapper/rhq-storage-wrapper.conf:
9) Install Oracle JDBC driver jar under <RHQ_HOME>/modules/org/rhq/oracle/main
10) Edit Oracle JDBC driver's path in <RHQ_HOME>/modules/org/rhq/oracle/main/module.xml
11) Install RHQ server, RHQ storage node and agent
<RHQ_HOME>/bin/rhqctl install --storage-data-root-dir <RHQ_HOME>/data
12) Go to URL http://hostname:7080