4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2013 9:02 AM by kparasam

Outofmemory on server-one process

kparasam

Hi,

Context: I've an MDB that receives from a queue and does some processing on the message. I've done some tests sending thousands of requests per hour and the JBoss server doesn't run out of memory or slows down with default JVM configurations. But, I've encountered 3-4 times out of memory (heap space) on server-one process only after a day or so and there're NO messages to be processed in the queue (meaning, it runs out of memory when not processing any requests). Strange thing is, even the slave would run out of memory when not processing any requests around the same day (a few hours later) as Master failure. Are there any known issues with memory leaks in JBoss-7.1.1.Final ? Thanks !

• 1. Re: Outofmemory on server-one process
          wdfink

I'm not sure that there is no leak.

I would recommend that you use a newer version i.e. 7.2.0 (or EAP6.1.Alpha) both are free for production.

Did you analyze the heap, also you might have other problems as there are other reasons for OOM.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Outofmemory on server-one process
            kparasam

Ok. Was just curious to know if there were any known issues regarding memory leaks, since my findings as I stated earlier were almost consistent all the times. Yea, I've been running the process with heap dump option from a couple of days. Let's see what would come up if it runs out similarly. BTW, how good/better would be an alpha version than a final one, I need JBoss for production environment ? Thanks !

• 3. Re: Outofmemory on server-one process
              wdfink

The difference between the community AS7.2.0 and EAP6.1.0.Alpha is minimal (or nothing).

Issue here is that you can build each AS7 or WildFly community versions from the github repository, if not available as download, and use it.

The EAP versions are restricted and you need to have a subscription to run in production (for development it will be a 0$ subscription and you can use it for development purpose), except this EAP6.1.0.Alpha bits which are free for use in production.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Outofmemory on server-one process
                kparasam

Ok. Thank you. Will consider it. Let's see if I find anything on heap dump after analyzing it (if there's a similar OOM error).