I successfully built and deployed the SwitchYard 0.8.0.Final camel-quartz-binding Quickstart to an AS7.1.1.Final server updated with switchyard-installer-0.8.0.Final.zip.
According to the Quickstart Readme: "Check the server console for output from the service. By default after every second message should be printed."
When I check the logs, I see - nothing. No messages, no errors - nothing but the deploy message.
Any suggestions on where to begin debugging?
14:14:16,249 INFO [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-13) JBAS015876: Starting deployment of "switchyard-quickstart-camel-quartz-binding.jar"
14:14:16,259 INFO [org.jboss.weld.deployer] (MSC service thread 1-3) JBAS016002: Processing weld deployment switchyard-quickstart-camel-quartz-binding.jar
14:14:16,265 INFO [org.jboss.weld.deployer] (MSC service thread 1-12) JBAS016005: Starting Services for CDI deployment: switchyard-quickstart-camel-quartz-binding.jar
14:14:16,308 INFO [org.jboss.weld.Version] (MSC service thread 1-12) WELD-000900 1.1.6 (Final)
14:14:16,315 INFO [org.jboss.weld.deployer] (MSC service thread 1-14) JBAS016008: Starting weld service for deployment switchyard-quickstart-camel-quartz-binding.jar
14:14:16,568 INFO [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS018565: Replaced deployment "switchyard-quickstart-camel-quartz-binding.jar" with deployment "switchyard-quickstart-camel-quartz-binding.jar"
My fault. The SwitchYard configuration entries were missing from standalone.xml.
I had reverted to a prior configuration after installing switchyard-installer-1.0.0.Final (which is for EAP6). Somehow the switchyard configuration went missing from standalone.xml when I reinstalled using the 0.8.0.Final installer.
I think I've got a foothold...
15:28:58,101 INFO [stdout] (DefaultQuartzScheduler-camel-1_Worker-1) 0. Service executed.
15:28:58,102 INFO [stdout] (DefaultQuartzScheduler-camel-1_Worker-2) 0. Service executed.
15:28:59,013 INFO [stdout] (DefaultQuartzScheduler-camel-1_Worker-3) 1. Service executed.
15:29:00,013 INFO [stdout] (DefaultQuartzScheduler-camel-1_Worker-4) 2. Service executed.
15:29:01,013 INFO [stdout] (DefaultQuartzScheduler-camel-1_Worker-5) 3. Service executed.
15:29:02,013 INFO [stdout] (DefaultQuartzScheduler-camel-1_Worker-6) 4. Service executed.
15:29:03,013 INFO [stdout] (DefaultQuartzScheduler-camel-1_Worker-7) 5. Service executed.
15:29:04,016 INFO [stdout] (DefaultQuartzScheduler-camel-1_Worker-8) 6. Service executed.
15:29:05,013 INFO [stdout] (DefaultQuartzScheduler-camel-1_Worker-9) 7. Service executed.
1) Forget 7.1.1.Final. We needed ActiveMQ integration so had to go with jboss-as-7.2.0.Final. It's supposedly the same as jboss-eap-6.1.0.Alpha. (Google olex 7.2.0.Final for an independent build)
2) Download switchyard-installer-1.0.0.Final.zip and install.
3) We use JBoss Developer Studio 7.0.1.GA. Install the Switchyard IntegrationStack updates from https://devstudio.jboss.com/updates/7.0-development/integration-stack
4) Download the 1.1.x Quickstarts from jboss-switchyard/quickstarts · GitHub
5) Import and enjoy!
Yes, it's a bit of a "mix and match" but it works for me.