2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2013 11:27 PM by gonthim

Ticket-monster demo-app on JbossAS7 ?

rop

I am just trying to get the ticket-monster demo-app to run under JbossAS7 on Windows7 -- much harder than I expected

Two questions:

1. To get the maven project to run,

I set the env-variable JBOSS_HOME pointing to my jboss-installation, and in pom.xml did: 

<jboss.home>${env.JBOSS_HOME}</jboss.home>

Then tried to start jboss standalone.bat, which did NOT WORK.

After much trial-and-error, I discovered that even when JBOSS_HOME is CORRECTLY set, JbossAS does not start!?

But gives this startup-error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: JBAS015849: Home directory does not exist: D:\program\jbossas7"

at org.jboss.as.server.ServerEnvironment.<init>(ServerEnvironment.java:328)

When I blank out JBOSS_HOME in the beginning of standalone.bat, it works.

Can anyone explain this?  Is it a bug?

Or am I (for some strange reason) not allowed to set JBOSS_HOME??
      I dont get it...

2. Next problem, after starting standalone.bat, and trying:

mvn package -Parq-jbossas-remote

I get in the console, when maven tries to deploy war-file, root-cause error:

org.jboss.modules.ModuleNotFoundException: Module org.hibernate.search.orm:main is not found in local module loader

Strange thing is, this error-msg gives me 0 hits on google

So, what on earth am I doing wrong here?

23:18:40,344 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-1) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.module.service."deployment.test.war".main: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.module.service."deployment.test.war".main: Failed to load module: deployment.test.war:main

at org.jboss.as.server.moduleservice.ModuleLoadService.start(ModuleLoadService.java:91) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) [rt.jar:1.7.0_21]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) [rt.jar:1.7.0_21]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [rt.jar:1.7.0_21]

Caused by: org.jboss.modules.ModuleNotFoundException: Module org.hibernate.search.orm:main is not found in local module loader @de5f5 (roots: D:\program\jbossas7\modules)

at org.jboss.modules.LocalModuleLoader.findModule(LocalModuleLoader.java:126)

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.loadModuleLocal(ModuleLoader.java:275)

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.preloadModule(ModuleLoader.java:222)

at org.jboss.modules.LocalModuleLoader.preloadModule(LocalModuleLoader.java:94)

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.preloadExportedModule(ModuleLoader.java:233)

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.preloadModule(ModuleLoader.java:246)

at org.jboss.as.server.moduleservice.ServiceModuleLoader.preloadModule(ServiceModuleLoader.java:160) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.modules.Module.addPaths(Module.java:841)

at org.jboss.modules.Module.link(Module.java:1181)

at org.jboss.modules.Module.relinkIfNecessary(Module.java:1207)

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.loadModule(ModuleLoader.java:208)

at org.jboss.as.server.moduleservice.ModuleLoadService.start(ModuleLoadService.java:70) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

... 5 more

• 1. Re: Ticket-monster demo-app on JbossAS7 ?
          rop

Finally, some mystery dispelled...

Downloaded hibernate-search-modules-4.4.0.Final-jbossas-72-dist.zip  (it does not work with 4.3.0 or 4.2.0)

and copied some files into the jboss /modules directory.

Now the war-file can be deployed from the admin-console, but still Arquillian-tests from maven fail with lots of Exceptions...

But how can this modules stuff not be mentioned in the instructions for tickerMonster?  Were these files included in an earlier version of JbossAS? (seems unlikely?)

I cant find info re. which exact version of JbossAS that tickerMonster was tested against...?

This all just seems a complete mess, when exact versions of dependencies (outside the pom.xml) are not known....

• 2. Re: Ticket-monster demo-app on JbossAS7 ?
            gonthim

Sorry this dropped thru the cracks and didn't get answered.

I suspect your problems are because current version of TicketMonster is designed to run on EAP6.1, which is a combination of the basic AS7.2 system and various additional projects like Hibernate. TicketMonster is a more all-encompassing sample than the more basic wildfly samples you can find here wildfly/quickstart · GitHub, which utilize only the core AS functionality.