0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2013 4:26 PM by hultas

JBoss + Play! 2 + JPA -> Failed to start context

hultas

Hi guys and gals,

Straight to the point, I want to deploy an Play! 2.1.4 application on my Jboss server. I use EclipseLink as a persistence framework and it works fine when running Play as a standalone. I am using an Oracle 10g database. In order to deploy to Jboss, I "export" the play application into a WAR file (using play2war). In order to use EclipseLink/JPA with JBoss, I've followed the guide available here http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/documentation/2.4/solutions/jboss002.htm#BEIBJBCF (except step 6/7 since I'm not sure they are needed and want to try step by step, also tried them out and no success).

I put my "stage.war" (not ROOT, but shouldn't matter) in the deployments folder. When I start standalone Jboss, everything seems to be going good. I can see that Oracle driver is being loaded (Deploying JDBC-compliant driver class oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver (version 12.1)), Datasource seems to be bounded (JBAS010400: Bound data source [java:/DefaultDS])

Now to the actual deployment, I get the following results

21:39:15,930 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-7) JBAS015876: Starting deployment of "stage.war"

21:39:33,526 INFO  [org.jboss.as.jpa] (MSC service thread 1-7) JBAS011401: Read persistence.xml for defaultPersistenceUnit

21:39:34,814 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.jdbc] (MSC service thread 1-3) JBAS010403: Deploying JDBC-compliant driver class org.h2.Driver (version 1.3)

21:39:35,032 INFO  [org.jboss.as.jpa] (MSC service thread 1-8) JBAS011402: Starting Persistence Unit Service 'stage.war#defaultPersistenceUnit'

21:39:36,378 INFO  [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[default-host].[/stage]] (MSC service thread 1-6) PlayServletWrapper > contextInitialized

And the nothing ever happens, it just stands still. However, if I look in the deployments folder, I can see stage.war.failed with

{"JBAS014653: Composite operation failed and was rolled back. Steps that failed:" => {"Operation step-2" => {"JBAS014671: Failed services" => {"jboss.web.deployment.default-host./stage" => "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.web.deployment.default-host./stage: JBAS018040: Failed to start context"}}}}

I've been googling around and its a very "broad" error code and I have not found any suitable solution for me. Anyone have any ideas? I've looked at the server logs which does not report any specific error . I've attached server.log (quite big, I've got finest as logging level), persistence.xml and my standalone config

Best regards!