0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2013 5:40 PM by christian.leclerc

Can't find a deployment unit named TEST in subdeployment "test.jar"

christian.leclerc

Hello JBoss As 7.1 Guru !

I have an application EJB3 / JPA based and when I deploy the application the first time , everything is ok and everything start fine.

The second time or some times after, the server is giving me this error Can't find a deployment unit named TEST in subdeployment "TEST.jar".

I know it's not my code (well .. I think I know) because it start fine the first time and after a couple of time that I delete the .undeployed file, everything is back to normal and the application is deploying without any issue.

Perhaps it's because my DataSource is not closed properly or something like that ?

Did someone already had something like that, it's pretty hard to debug.?

Here is the stacktrace

17:17:17,971 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-6) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.subunit."test-ear-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.ear"."test-challenge-engine-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar".INSTALL: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.subunit."test-ear-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.ear"."test-challenge-engine-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar".INSTALL: Failed to process phase INSTALL of subdeployment "test-challenge-engine-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar" of deployment "test-ear-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.ear"

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:121) [jboss-as-server-7.1.0.CR1b.jar:7.1.0.CR1b]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1824) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA.jar:1.0.1.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1759) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA.jar:1.0.1.GA]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) [:1.7.0_11]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) [:1.7.0_11]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [:1.7.0_11]

Caused by: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: JBAS011047: Component class com.test.challenge.engine.managers.DeviceMessagesDao for component DeviceMessagesDao has errors:

JBAS011440: Can't find a deployment unit named IG_MANAGEMENT_PU in subdeployment "test-challenge-engine-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar" of deployment "test-ear-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.ear"

at org.jboss.as.ee.component.deployers.ModuleJndiBindingProcessor$1.handle(ModuleJndiBindingProcessor.java:155)

at org.jboss.as.ee.component.ClassDescriptionTraversal.run(ClassDescriptionTraversal.java:54)

at org.jboss.as.ee.component.deployers.ModuleJndiBindingProcessor.processClassConfigurations(ModuleJndiBindingProcessor.java:148)

at org.jboss.as.ee.component.deployers.ModuleJndiBindingProcessor.deploy(ModuleJndiBindingProcessor.java:141)

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:115) [jboss-as-server-7.1.0.CR1b.jar:7.1.0.CR1b]

... 5 more

If anyone know anything, please give me any advice, it will give me a great help.

Thanks !