3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2015 1:25 PM by steelhand900

JBoss AS Final 7.2.0 : Still the old "Zip file Empty" Exception using xxxFaces

bha007

Hi,

Althought this was marked as fixed in older posts, I'm experiencing this "old" exception with recent JBoss 7.2.0 Final.

This happens while deploying a primefaces application. Deployment is successful and the application works for now but this looks unsafe.

I've added some slots/jars to run a mojarra 2.2.4 as a replacement of the too ancient 2.1.18.

Attachments show what's added and how it's used I.E. the modules and the deployment-structure..

10:38:14,464 SEVERE [javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.config] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 54) Unable to process annotations for url, vfs:/D:/Java/jboss/jboss-as-7.2.0.Final/bin/content/JSF-EAR01.ear/JSFWebApp01.war/WEB-INF/lib/primefaces-4.0.jar/META-INF/faces-config.xml.  Reason: java.util.zip.ZipException: zip file is empty

10:38:14,464 SEVERE [javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.config] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 54) : java.util.zip.ZipException: zip file is empty

So, any clue/help is welcome.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: JBoss AS Final 7.2.0 : Still the old "Zip file Empty" Exception using xxxFaces
          bha007

The main question is : How to fix the wrong VFS url ? bin/content does not exist; it should be standalone/deployments instead... I.E

vfs:/D:/Java/jboss/jboss-as-7.2.0.Final/standalone/deployments/JSF-EAR01.ear/JSFWebApp01.war/WEB-INF/lib/primefaces-4.0.jar/META-INF/faces-config.xml

NOT

vfs:/D:/Java/jboss/jboss-as-7.2.0.Final/bin/content/JSF-EAR01.ear/JSFWebApp01.war/WEB-INF/lib/primefaces-4.0.jar/META-INF/faces-config.xml

• 2. Re: JBoss AS Final 7.2.0 : Still the old "Zip file Empty" Exception using xxxFaces
            tismaz

Anybody found a solution to the mentioned path problem in jboss-as-7.2.0.Final ?

• 3. Re: JBoss AS Final 7.2.0 : Still the old "Zip file Empty" Exception using xxxFaces
              steelhand900

Hi Guys ,

I found an alternative to this error that can help you.

I found the same problem using this below architecture:

Shiro 1.2.3

JSF (API / IMPL) 2.2.8-2

Primefaces 5.2 or 5.0 Primefaces

JBoss EAP 6.4

I decided to change the version of the JSF (2.2.8-2) for version 2.2.8-10. it's ok!

<context-param>

<param-name>org.jboss.jbossfaces.WAR_BUNDLES_JSF_IMPL</param-name>

<param-value>true</param-value>

</context-param>

14: 08: 54.679 INFO [javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.config] (ServerService Thread Pool - 54) Starting Mojarra 2.2.8-10 (20150625-1224 https://svn.java.net/svn/ mojarra~svn/tags/2.2.8-10@14818) to the context '/software'

14: 08: 57.296 INFO [javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.application] (ServerService Thread Pool - 54) JSF1048: Notes PostConstruct / PreDestroy present. The ManagedBeans methods marked with these annotations inform the processed notes.

14: 08: 58.793 INFO [javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.config] (ServerService Thread Pool - 54) Monitoring jndi: /default-host/ecom_adimistration/WEB-INF/faces-config.xml for modifications

14: 08: 58.818 INFO [org.primefaces.webapp.PostConstructApplicationEventListener] ServerService Thread Pool - 54) Running on PrimeFaces 5.2