1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 2, 2014 4:25 AM by swiderski.maciej

JBPM 5.4: Delaying a Human Task until a given Date (Best Practice?)

vincentdhs

Hi there,

i currently working my way into jbpm for a new project in our company.

In this new project we got several processes containing human tasks.

Each of this task may be processed immediately by a service agent or may - depending on external requests- be delayed until a given date in future.

Delaying means, that the given task should not show up in the agents tasks list until the specified date is reached.

Now i have to implement this behaviour of delaying tasks.

Are there any build-in functionalities or best practices for incorporating this type of behaviour into jbpm?

If not, what would be the best way to do so?

One of my thoughts was to use something like a subprocess but i cannot accustom myself to the idea of leaving the scope "human task".

Regards

Florian

• 1. Re: JBPM 5.4: Delaying a Human Task until a given Date (Best Practice?)
          swiderski.maciej

I think you could use delegate and then reassignment features to achieve that. So that would mean first to delegate a task to a group that is somehow indicating further processing that given user (service agent) is not member of. And then define reassignment rule on it to be assigned to another group after given amount of time. That would make task available for service agent after specified amount of time.

HTH

1 of 1 people found this helpful