2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2014 9:10 AM by ybxiang.china Branched to a new discussion.

WildFly is great!

rsoika

I just migrated an enterprise application from GlassFish 3.1.2 to WildFly8 RC1. And I am impressed by how good WildFly works.

I had no chance to deploy my application on the new GlassFish 4 because of some still existing bugs, so I tried WildFly.

My EAR contains multiple war and ejb components and different login mechanisms. But in contrast to GlassFish no proprietary deployment descriptors were necessary for wildfly. Only one ejb3-jboss.xml file to define the security domain. In summary it was much easier to deploy my application on WildFily (as a beginner) than on GlassFish (as an expert).

Also the community was very helpful and I like the well documented project. As also our own project (www.imixs.org) is open source our customers need an open and powerful JEE7 plattform with a community that believes in Open Source.

Thanks for that great work!

• 1. Re: WildFly is great!
          wdfink

Hi Ralph,

thanks for sharing your opinion

We are an active community and you are welcome for questions and also for helping others

• 2. Re: WildFly is great!
            ybxiang.china

We are an active community

~~~~~True. Although sometimes it is not easy to find answer soon, but I can always find it at last.

JBoss community is very open too, I really like it.