4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2014 9:42 PM by jdestef

Super Dev Mode

jdestef

Hi,

Just looking for a little hep regarding Super Dev Mode. I've seen conflicting results as far as Errai and Super Dev Mode. Can Errai apps be debugged with Super Dev Mode? I tried this but the compilation in Super Dev Mode fails when looking for an html template page. The page is there but the compiler reports an error. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Super Dev Mode
          mbarkley

Hi John,

It is definitely possible to use Super Dev Mode with Errai. For example, here is what you need to do make the errai-tutorial project runnable in Super-Dev mode:

• Add these lines to the end of org.jboss.errai.demo.App GWT module:
            • <add-linker name="xsiframe"/>
              <set-configuration-property name="devModeRedirectEnabled" value="true"/>
              <set-property name="compiler.useSourceMaps" value="true"/>

• Run a `mvn clean package`.
          • Deploy the war file to an application server (you can use the Jboss7 server that will be located in the build-directory, used by the normal Dev Mode).
          • Use the gwt-maven-plugin to start the codeserver with `mvn gwt:run-codeserver`.
          • Open your browser to localhost:9876 and copy the "Dev Mode On" bookmark somewhere.
          • Open your browser to the deployed errai-tutorial (using Jboss7 this would likely be localhost:8080/errai-tutorial)
          • Click the "Dev Mode On" book mark. It should prompt you with a white box on the page. Click the "Compile" button.

Using Google Chrome, you can then turn on Source Maps somewhere in the settings, and you will then be able to see the Java source code and set breakpoints using the developer tools.

This is admittedly not very efficient, but hopefully it will help you get started.

Cheers.

• 2. Re: Super Dev Mode
            jdestef

Hi Max,

Thanks for the response. I'm still having an issue and it seems to be the html template files that are causing the problem.

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find HTML template file: com/pronoiahealth/olhie/client/pages/newbook/widgets/ButtonWidget.html

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(FutureTask.java:222)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:83)

This occurs when I hit compile in the browser. I'm running the super dev mode exe from intellij. Any ideas?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Super Dev Mode
              mbarkley

Hi John,

My best guess is that your html template files are not being copied into the directory where the Super Dev Mode codeserver is running. That could be caused by a missing configuration from the codeserver, or from Intellij. Unfortunately, I can't be more helpful than that as I have only used Super Dev Mode with the Maven CLI and the gwt-maven-plugin.

• 4. Re: Super Dev Mode
                jdestef

Hi Max,

Thanks for the response. When I used the mvn plugin from a terminal it worked great. Must be a configuration thing with Intellij. If I have time and I find a solution I'll post it back.

Thanks