1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2014 3:16 PM by wdfink

JBoss EAP 6.1 application deployment best practice

alcarazj

Scenario:

I have two high profile applications that will be deployed on JBoss EAP 6.1. I like to minimize the amount of service disruption or outages for these two applications, whenever I make configuration changes.

What is the best practice to deploy these two applications in domain mode across two physical servers?

Option 1: Create a single domain with a domain controller and two host controllers, one on each physical server. Then, create two server groups, one for each application to be deployed on.

Option 2: Create a domain for each high-profile application; then, create two host controllers, one on each physical server. Then, create a server group in each domain.

I greatly appreciate your input on what the best approach will be.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: JBoss EAP 6.1 application deployment best practice
          wdfink

As a domain is only an administration, I would use option 1.

If you run the domain controller without any server this instance is only for administration and there is no influence to the running applications.

The domain contains a server-group for each app.

You might use the same host controller to start one server for each application, there is a small risk that one server take all machine resources but that's on your requirements.

Also you can run a HC exclusive on one machine for one application to avoid that.