2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2014 11:38 PM by stuart_wildcat

WildFly 8.0.0.CR1 unresolved issues?

stuart_wildcat

Is there a particular reason that WildFly 8.0.0.CR1 has been "released" with 46 unresolved issues?

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY/fixforversion/12321685

Either this is just not going in and marking things as "fixed" or there are lots of things that are not being followed up on and could still be issues when a "GA" release is made.

At the very least shouldn't these have been moved to the next version to make sure they aren't "lost"?

I have to say this wouldn't give me a great deal of confidence in the next release.

Thanks,

Stuart

• 1. Re: WildFly 8.0.0.CR1 unresolved issues?
          jaikiran

It looks like something got messed up when those issues were moved out of CR1 to Final. A quick look at those issues (I looked at around 3-4) and you'll notice that they have been marked as "fix for version" CR1 and Final. Looking at the History tab in each of those JIRAs, you'll notice that on December 22 they were marked for fix version "Final". I think what was intended was that the CR1 version would be removed from the "fix for version" field. You might want to drop a mail in the dev mailing list wildfly-dev Info Page to bring this to the attention of the team.

• 2. Re: WildFly 8.0.0.CR1 unresolved issues?
            stuart_wildcat

I didn't realize the 'fix for version' field could have more than one value.  It does look like this is the case as there are fewer that show up unresolved for CR1 today because they have probably been fixed for Final.

If that is the case I guess these will eventually go away.  I was more concerned they were getting forgotten but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm not on the Wildfly-dev list so I'll just drop the concern since it isn't an issue.