3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2014 8:25 AM by wdfink

Infinispan Cluster documentation

sureshachary

Hi, trying for couple days to get infinispan running in cluster mode and access through hotrod protocol from a web application.

I am using infinispan-6.0.0. the confusions are below

1) infinispan-6.0.0 has 4 files to download: - All, server, embedded, AS module, I took server one.

2) No documentation available to configure it in cluster mode - I need to run it in two servers.

3) No documentation available to access it using hotrod.

Totally confusing or null documentation. Nothing is clear.

Can anyone help me with some simple pointers, else our team has to find some other options.

• 1. Re: Infinispan Cluster documentation
          nadirx

1) infinispan-6.0.0 has 4 files to download: - All, server, embedded, AS module, I took server one.

If you want to use the remote protocols, server is the correct distribution.

2) No documentation available to configure it in cluster mode - I need to run it in two servers.

http://infinispan.org/docs/6.0.x/infinispan_server_guide/infinispan_server_guide.html

Paragraph 2. Getting started shows pretty clearly how to start a node which has to be part of a cluster.

3) No documentation available to access it using hotrod.

http://infinispan.org/docs/6.0.x/user_guide/user_guide.html#_java_hot_rod_client

Explains how to use HotRod from Java. Unfortunately the part of the documentation above it also refers to the old server startup scripts which you should ignore (I will fix it shortly).

Totally confusing or null documentation. Nothing is clear.

Can anyone help me with some simple pointers, else our team has to find some other options.

While I am certain that our documentation could always be better, I don't think the situation is quite as tragic as you put it.

Tristan

• 2. Re: Infinispan Cluster documentation
            sureshachary

Thanks Tristan. My requirement is quite simple.

1) Configure Inifinispan as cluster. For this I took infinispan-server-6.0.0.Final, ran it in cluster mode using the command  "bin/clustered.sh -Djboss.socket.binding.port-offset=100 -Djboss.node.name=10.0.0.1 -Djboss.bind.address.management=10.0.0.1 -Djboss.bind.address=10.0.0.1 -Djboss.default.jgroups.stack=tcp"

2) Installed same on another server and ran with the same above command, but with IP 10.0.0.2.

3) In standalone/configuration/clustered.xml I used the below configuration in  clustered.xml for the machines (machines with IP 10.0.0.1 & 10.0.0.2)

<stack name="tcp">

<transport type="TCP" socket-binding="jgroups-tcp"/>

<!-- <protocol type="MPING" socket-binding="jgroups-mping"/> -->

<protocol type="TCPPING">

<property name="initial_hosts">10.0.0.1[7600],10.0.0.2[7600]</property>

</protocol>

<protocol type="MERGE2"/>

<protocol type="FD_SOCK" socket-binding="jgroups-tcp-fd"/>

<protocol type="FD"/>

<protocol type="VERIFY_SUSPECT"/>

<protocol type="pbcast.NAKACK">

<property name="use_mcast_xmit">false</property>

</protocol>

<protocol type="UNICAST2"/>

<protocol type="pbcast.STABLE"/>

<protocol type="pbcast.GMS"/>

<protocol type="UFC"/>

<protocol type="MFC"/>

<protocol type="FRAG2"/>

<protocol type="RSVP"/>

</stack>

4) Now I need to access this cluster configuration(not sure I am done with cluster configuration) using Hotrod client using a single IP/Port.

Can you help me in this. Thanks in advance. My queries

1) Is my cluster configuration complete?

2) How can I access it with a single IP/Port using Hotrod client? Is there any quick start available for scenario like this, if not can you help me with a sample client.

3) Is load balancing possible like we do in case of Application Servers (I prefer to use this server installation mode, and not as infinispan as module in AS7 or Wildfly)

• 3. Re: Infinispan Cluster documentation
              wdfink

The cluster is using JGroups and the configuration is similar to JBoss AS7/WildFly.

You can connect to HodRod with the 11222 port, the cluster-view will be handled from the hotrod protocoll.

The hotrod client is able to decide which instance to contact for special keys (distribution mode)