7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 7:28 AM by

    Staging 5.0.0.Alpha3

      The release process for 5.0.0.Alpha3 is about to begin. Further commits

      into develop branch will not be considered in release.

       

        • 1. Re: Staging 5.0.0.Alpha3
          Brian Leathem Master

          On Thu 30 Jan 2014 09:58:20 AM PST, Lukáš Fryč wrote:

          The release process for 5.0.0.Alpha3 is about to begin. Further

          commits into develop branch will not be considered in release.

           

          The 5.0.0.Alpha3 release jira:

          https://issues.jboss.org/browse/RFPL-3198

           

          Brian

          _______________________________________________

          richfaces-dev mailing list

          richfaces-dev@lists.jboss.org

          https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/richfaces-dev

           

           

          • 2. Re: Staging 5.0.0.Alpha3

            Hey guys,

             

            Brian released 5.0.0.Alpha3 to staging repository yesterday and it is

            available for smoke testing.

             

            note: I was not able to release it because of an integration issue between

            Git 1.8 and maven release/scm plugin, just for a case you would run into

            same issue as well.

             

            Cheers,

             

            ~ Lukas

            On Jan 30, 2014 7:06 PM, "Brian Leathem" <bleathem@gmail.com> wrote:

             

            On Thu 30 Jan 2014 09:58:20 AM PST, Lukáš Fryč wrote:

            The release process for 5.0.0.Alpha3 is about to begin. Further

            commits into develop branch will not be considered in release.

             

            The 5.0.0.Alpha3 release jira:

            https://issues.jboss.org/browse/RFPL-3198

             

            Brian

             

             

            • 3. Re: Staging 5.0.0.Alpha3

              Question is: are we going to release 4.5.0.Alpha2 at this point?

               

              Afaic there was Core changes in Alpha3 that may have made 4.5.0.Alpha1

              incompatible.

               

              ~ Lukas

               

               

              On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 8:51 AM, Lukáš Fryč <lukas.fryc@gmail.com> wrote:

               

              Hey guys,

               

              Brian released 5.0.0.Alpha3 to staging repository yesterday and it is

              available for smoke testing.

               

              note: I was not able to release it because of an integration issue between

              Git 1.8 and maven release/scm plugin, just for a case you would run into

              same issue as well.

               

              Cheers,

               

              ~ Lukas

              On Jan 30, 2014 7:06 PM, "Brian Leathem" <bleathem@gmail.com> wrote:

               

              >> On Thu 30 Jan 2014 09:58:20 AM PST, Lukáš Fryč wrote:

              >> > The release process for 5.0.0.Alpha3 is about to begin. Further

              >> > commits into develop branch will not be considered in release.

              >>

              >> The 5.0.0.Alpha3 release jira:

              >> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/RFPL-3198

              >>

              >> Brian

              >>

              >

               

              • 4. Re: Staging 5.0.0.Alpha3
                Brian Leathem Master

                On 14-01-31 06:12 AM, Lukáš Fryč wrote:

                Question is: are we going to release 4.5.0.Alpha2 at this point?

                 

                Afaik there was Core changes in Alpha3 that may have made 4.5.0.Alpha1

                incompatible.

                 

                 

                +1 we need to stage 4.5.0.Alpha2.  We also need to stage the archetypes

                as Juraj pointed out off-list.

                 

                Do we need a separate release jira for this?  IMO we can just lump the

                4.5.0.Alpha2 and 5.0.0.Alpha3 tasks together into the same jira.

                 

                Brian

                _______________________________________________

                richfaces-dev mailing list

                richfaces-dev@lists.jboss.org

                https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/richfaces-dev

                 

                 

                • 5. Re: Staging 5.0.0.Alpha3

                  We don't need separate umbrella jira, we can use Alpha3 release one.

                   

                  I will proceed with the release.

                   

                   

                  On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 8:04 PM, Brian Leathem <bleathem@gmail.com> wrote:

                   

                  On 14-01-31 06:12 AM, Lukáš Fryč wrote:

                  Question is: are we going to release 4.5.0.Alpha2 at this point?

                   

                  Afaik there was Core changes in Alpha3 that may have made 4.5.0.Alpha1

                  incompatible.

                   

                  >

                  +1 we need to stage 4.5.0.Alpha2.  We also need to stage the archetypes

                  as Juraj pointed out off-list.

                   

                  Do we need a separate release jira for this?  IMO we can just lump the

                  4.5.0.Alpha2 and 5.0.0.Alpha3 tasks together into the same jira.

                   

                  Brian

                   

                   

                  • 6. Re: Staging 5.0.0.Alpha3

                    Hey guys,

                     

                    I have staged following artifacts additionally:

                     

                    • RichFaces Archetypes 5.0.0.Alpha3

                    • RichFaces 4.5.0.Alpha2

                     

                    Could you please smoke test them?

                     

                    ~ L.

                     

                     

                    On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 7:44 PM, Lukáš Fryč <lukas.fryc@gmail.com> wrote:

                     

                    We don't need separate umbrella jira, we can use Alpha3 release one.

                     

                    I will proceed with the release.

                     

                    >

                    On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 8:04 PM, Brian Leathem <bleathem@gmail.com> wrote:

                     

                    >> On 14-01-31 06:12 AM, Lukáš Fryč wrote:

                    >> > Question is: are we going to release 4.5.0.Alpha2 at this point?

                    >> >

                    >> > Afaik there was Core changes in Alpha3 that may have made 4.5.0.Alpha1

                    >> > incompatible.

                    >> >

                    >>

                    >> +1 we need to stage 4.5.0.Alpha2.  We also need to stage the archetypes

                    >> as Juraj pointed out off-list.

                    >>

                    >> Do we need a separate release jira for this?  IMO we can just lump the

                    >> 4.5.0.Alpha2 and 5.0.0.Alpha3 tasks together into the same jira.

                    >>

                    >> Brian

                    >>

                    >

                     

                    • 7. Re: Staging 5.0.0.Alpha3

                      Hey guys,

                       

                      just to let you know, I have added howto-release.adoc guide to 4.5.x:

                      https://github.com/richfaces4/components/blob/4.5.x/howto-release.adoc

                       

                      I have also updated RF5 release notes with a flaws I have noticed during

                      this release:

                      https://github.com/richfaces/richfaces/commits/master/howto-release.adoc

                       

                      ~ Lukas

                       

                       

                       

                      On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 10:19 PM, Lukáš Fryč <lukas.fryc@gmail.com> wrote:

                       

                      Hey guys,

                       

                      I have staged following artifacts additionally:

                       

                      • RichFaces Archetypes 5.0.0.Alpha3

                      • RichFaces 4.5.0.Alpha2

                       

                      Could you please smoke test them?

                       

                      ~ L.

                       

                      >

                      On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 7:44 PM, Lukáš Fryč <lukas.fryc@gmail.com> wrote:

                       

                      >> We don't need separate umbrella jira, we can use Alpha3 release one.

                      >>

                      >> I will proceed with the release.

                      >>

                      >>

                      >> On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 8:04 PM, Brian Leathem <bleathem@gmail.com>wrote:

                      >>

                      >>> On 14-01-31 06:12 AM, Lukáš Fryč wrote:

                      >>> > Question is: are we going to release 4.5.0.Alpha2 at this point?

                      >>> >

                      >>> > Afaik there was Core changes in Alpha3 that may have made 4.5.0.Alpha1

                      >>> > incompatible.

                      >>> >

                      >>>

                      >>> +1 we need to stage 4.5.0.Alpha2.  We also need to stage the archetypes

                      >>> as Juraj pointed out off-list.

                      >>>

                      >>> Do we need a separate release jira for this?  IMO we can just lump the

                      >>> 4.5.0.Alpha2 and 5.0.0.Alpha3 tasks together into the same jira.

                      >>>

                      >>> Brian

                      >>>

                      >>

                      >>

                      >