0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2014 5:19 PM by hodgesb

Reverse engineering exception with Hibernate 3.6.x

hodgesb

Greetings.  I'm encountering a persistent problem with generating Hibernate code using JBoss Tools 4.1.1.  I had roughly the same experience with JBoss Tools 3.2.2 and hoped that an upgrade to the latest and greatest would get me past this roadblock.  The symptoms are identical to those described in this discussion:  Please help me solve this problem i have with hibernate tools.Thanks

I have selected Hibernate version 3.6 in my console configuration.  I have experimented with various combinations of entries on my console configuration classpath, though the Hibernate Tools documentation indicates "[d]o not add Hibernate core libraries or dependencies, they are already included." (Chapter 4. Eclipse Plugins).  At present I have only my database driver listed on the console configuration's classpath.

At first attempt to run my Hibernate code generation configuration I get this exception:

org.hibernate.console.HibernateConsoleRuntimeException: Received a NoClassDefFoundError, probably the console configuration classpath is incomplete or contains conflicting versions of the same class

Received a NoClassDefFoundError, probably the console configuration classpath is incomplete or contains conflicting versions of the same class

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/objectweb/asm/Type

org/objectweb/asm/Type

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/objectweb/asm/Type

org/objectweb/asm/Type

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.objectweb.asm.Type cannot be found by org.jboss.tools.hibernate3_6_3.7.1.Final-v20131205-0918-B107

org.objectweb.asm.Type cannot be found by org.jboss.tools.hibernate3_6_3.7.1.Final-v20131205-0918-B107

At second attempt I get a different exception:

org.hibernate.console.HibernateConsoleRuntimeException: Received a NoClassDefFoundError, probably the console configuration classpath is incomplete or contains conflicting versions of the same class

Received a NoClassDefFoundError, probably the console configuration classpath is incomplete or contains conflicting versions of the same class

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.OverrideRepository

Could not initialize class org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.OverrideRepository

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.OverrideRepository

Could not initialize class org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.OverrideRepository

I get this latter exception irrespective of any efforts to include an asm jar file--or any other Hibernate 3.6-related jar file(s)--on my classpath.

I've attempted to simplify my needs by starting with a clean Eclipse project that includes nothing but JavaSE-1.6 on its classpath.  I've also installed a fresh copy of Eclipse Kepler Service Release 1.

I do not encounter any of these problems if I select Hibernate 3.5 or 4.0 in my console configuration.  Could there be a jar file conflict within Hibernate Tools itself?  Is there a workaround to generate code for Hibernate 3.6?