1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 17, 2014 5:50 PM by jamezp

How do you setup Logging Profiles for per deployment logging on jboss-eap-6.2.0

zeemanm

Am trying to get per deployment logging (one EAR with many WAR's) working on jboss-eap-6.2.0, have done the following but the created log files do not get written to, is there something obvious I have missed?

I have done the following...

1) Added "Logging-Profile: NAME" to my MANIFEST.MF files (I have one EAR and many WAR files, MANIFEST.MF files have been updated in the WAR files only, not the EAR)

2) Added logging profiles (1 per for each WAR with an appender and a root appender ), this seems to work as I get my log files created which is a good sign.... (as per https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_Application_Platform/6.1/html/Administration_and_Configuration_Guide/Example_Logging_Profile_Configuration.html)

However when I deploy my EAR file logging still pours into the console and server logs, not into the separate log files that have been created by the new logging profiles.
      I have also played with org.jboss.as.logging.per-deployment, both true and false to no avail...I believe I should not have to touch this as I am not trying to use log4j.

e.g.
      jboss-cli.sh -c "/system-property=org.jboss.as.logging.per-deployment:add(value=false)"

Its worth noting that I am using a domain with two servers and all config has been done using the CLI.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

UPDATE:
      Something strange just happened, about an hour after the deploy 2 (out of 9) log files has some content ! so have set autoflush on to see if it helps, but am also getting most of the logging still going to the console and server logs.. ( all have been set at INFO)

UPDATE:

Have added a logging profile to the MANIFEST.MF file in the EAR and set up a new logging profile and I now get logging!

So in conclusion logging profiles can be used from EAR deployments but NOT sub-deployments (WAR's contained in an EAR).... is this a bug or feature?