thanks for contacting us - I saw your ping late last night. What time zone are you in? Irc is definitively a good way for contact.
What errors do you see when building? I think you may want to build against RHQ 4.9 stable jars, that are available from maven repos (should be in central).
About TC support: yes, we will continue supporting that in RHQ, but also need help from guys like you.
1) knowing what is missing in master is a good way to start.
2) I need to look to that. On which platform do you have the problem?
3) the storeconfig is back in the TC code http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/storeconfig/
Thanks for your reply. I'm in EU timezone (GMT +1). I had the pleasure to speak with John Sanda on it yesterday, definitely, this is quite good.
Well, I did a clone of the git repository, then it should go well at every build if it succeed once... :-( It failed in a surefire test... I'm building it again right now. Windering if it's not a memory allocation issue which would cause the JVM to crash:
Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.12.4:test (default-test) on project rhq-core-plugin-api: Execution default-test of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.12.4:test failed: The forked VM terminated without saying properly goodbye. VM crash or System.exit called ? -> [Help 1]
Shall I clone RHQ4.9 instead of the last RHQ4.10 ?
1) What do you mean ? I don't get it, sorry..
2) I'm running Debian 7.2. The code is that line in the plugin (for both stop and start) - Class TomcatServerOperationDelegate:
String rpm = TomcatDiscoveryComponent.isRPMTomcat6(catalinaHome) ? TomcatDiscoveryComponent.EWS_TOMCAT_6 : TomcatDiscoveryComponent.EWS_TOMCAT_5;
3) Can't get an answer if this is for Tomcat7 or only the RC of Tomcat8. But thanks anyway. :-)