3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2014 3:53 AM by wdfink

sar archive unable to lookup ssb

gte338m

I have an ear file containing the following:

ejb jar file

war file

sar file

The war file is able to perform the jndi lookup for the ssb utilizing "java:module/BeanName!com.sts.ih.BeanNameRemote".

However, the sar file is unable to use the "java:module/BeanName!com.sts.ih.BeanNameRemote".  When I use this I get NameNotFoundException.

But if the sar file uses "java:global/earname/sarName.sar/BeanName!com.sts.ih.BeanNameRemote".

Why am I not able to locate the ssb using the java:module version?

Thanks

• 1. Re: sar archive unable to lookup ssb
          wdfink

The java:module is only possible inside the same module, war classloading is a bit different.

If you use AS7 the bean should be deployed as java:app/<module name>, does this works?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: sar archive unable to lookup ssb
            gte338m

We are using Jboss EAP 6.   We were trying to use the java:module since it does not use the archive name b/c maven adds the SNAPSHOT version the name of the jar. If we use something other than java:module, we would have to change the jndi name in the code each time we changed the version.

Also, the java:app does not work either.

Thanks

• 3. Re: sar archive unable to lookup ssb
              wdfink

There are some posibilities to get rid of the maven version here (if that helps)

Add this to the build of the ejb component (see here at line 62)

<build>

<finalName>${project.artifactId}</finalName>

<plugins> ...

Also you can 'rename' it during the packaging of the EAR file, see here at line 82