0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2014 9:21 AM by terry.paterson

How to enable remote/dynamic class loading under AS 7.3.0 ?

terry.paterson

Hi There,

Currently upgrading our app which runs under JBoss 4.2 / JBoss 5 (we have multiple existing builds, running under JBoss 4.2 and JBoss 5)

to JBoss 7.3.0 / EAP 6.2.0,

we seem to be getting on OK, and have overcome most hurdles - but we are currently having a problem - in that it appears that remote / dynamic class loading does not seem to work ?

our setup - is that we have a Swing based client app, which interacts with various EJBs (now using the EJB Client API)

and when invoking a method on a session bean, which returns an object specified by it's interface (which is shared between the client app and app in JBoss),

we get a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: for the implementation class, which resides inside the jar/ear file deployed in JBoss.

my belief -- is that we probably need to add something to standalone.xml in order to add the appropriate "loaderport" ?

we had something like the following, in earlier versions of JBoss :

<pre>

<mbean code="org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector"

name="jboss.remoting:type=Connector,name=DefaultEjb3Connector,handler=ejb3">

<depends>jboss.aop:service=AspectDeployer</depends>

<attribute name="InvokerLocator">socket://${jboss.bind.address}:3873/?loaderport=4873</attribute>

<attribute name="Configuration">

<handlers>

<handler subsystem="AOP">org.jboss.aspects.remoting.AOPRemotingInvocationHandler</handler>

</handlers>

</attribute>

</mbean>

</pre>

can anyone tell me what I need to do to make remote / dynamic class loading work under JBoss 7.3.0 ?

Many Thanks

Terry Paterson