1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 7, 2014 10:10 AM by salaboy21

Custom attributes for BPMN elements?

m.podolski

Hello,

I'm trying to extend existing BPMN elements in the jBPM Eclipse plug-in. I watched this Screencast (http://eclipse.org/bpmn2-modeler/videos/CustomTask-Example-part1.htm) for the BPMN2 Modeler however the method explained there (define own ECore object and emf generator file) seems to be viable only for creating new elements with custom attributes. My second approach was writing a plug-in for the jBPM Eclipse plug-in but I cannot find a suitable extension point for my plugin.xml. Is there any extension point for attributes of elements or custom tasks that can overwrite available attributes of existing elements?

Here's an example of what I'm trying to do:

Let's assume we have the jBPM 6.01 plug-in installed in our Eclipse Kepler standard version. Now we create a new jBPM project and choose the Hello World example project. This creates a small sample.bpmn with a start event, a script task, and an end event. When I click the script task, I would like to have a new tab in it's properties called MyTab which has an input text field. In a second step, I would like to have this MyTab with the text field in many BPMN elements, not only in script tasks.

Please advice how I can do this or point me in the right direction. I have tried searching for similar problems, but I did not find anything specific to jBPM. Thank you!

Best regards,

Martin

• 1. Re: Custom attributes for BPMN elements?
          salaboy21

Hi Martin,

First of all why do you want to do that?

As far as I remember the old jbpm plugin allow you to define custom forms to fill domain specific node properties. Doing that is all what you need to have your own panels where you can fill custom information for domain specific nodes.

Regards