4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2014 5:33 PM by Tanmay Sawant

Configure task notifications

Jose Luis Tapias Florez Newbie

Hello,

Can somebody tell me how to configurate the task notifications on jbpm 6.0, i'm using the kie work bench and i´m not sure how to configurate the smtp server and the users email.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Configure task notifications

I found the solution if somebody needs it.

You have to configurate two thing the smt server and the userinfo.properties.

The way i found to configurate the SMTP server is to modify the standalone-full.xml (\jbpm-installer\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\standalone\configuration) adding the next lines:

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:mail:1.0">

<mail-session jndi-name="java:/mail/jbpmMailSession" from="josetf@audifarma.com.co">

<smtp-server outbound-socket-binding-ref="mail-smtp">

<login name="josetf" password="pass"/>

</smtp-server>

</mail-session>

<mail-session jndi-name="java:jboss/mail/Default" debug="true">

<smtp-server outbound-socket-binding-ref="mail-smtp"/>

</mail-session>

</subsystem>

and at the end of the file the adress and port of the server:

<outbound-socket-binding name="mail-smtp">

<remote-destination host="x.x.x.x" port="x"/>

</outbound-socket-binding>

</socket-binding-group>

To edit the userinfo.properties (jbpm-console.war\WEB-INF\classes) you have to add your user email in there:

josetf=josetf@domain.com:en-UK:josetf

if you get a null pointer exception maybe you need to add the next line too:

Administrators=administrator@domain.com:en-UK:Administrators:[Administrator]

I hope it helps.

• 2. Re: Configure task notifications
            Tanmay Sawant Newbie

Thank you for posting helpful answer.

Can you explain how to configure email in bpmn process? I cannot see any email activity in jbpm eclipse plugin.

My requirement is to send out emails from bpmn process to requester/approvers.

Thanks,

Tanmay

• 3. Re: Configure task notifications

Can you use the Kie WorkBench?

If you can you have a component in the service menu called Email, if you want this one to work you have to configurate the CustomWorkItemHandlers.conf (jbpm-console.war\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF)  and add this line:

"Email": new org.jbpm.process.workitem.email.EmailWorkItemHandler("host","port","josetf@domain.com.co","pass")

or if you are using the human task you can go it as i wrote before.

I hope it helps

Jose

• 4. Re: Configure task notifications
                Tanmay Sawant Newbie

Thank you for your reply.

I cannot use Workbench. I have developed a web application using eclipse and changed default jbpm database to MySQL database.

And yes I have used human tasks. But in human tasks properties I cannot see anything to send emails/notifications.

Am I missing something? Can you explain how can I send emails using human tasks?

I appreciate your time.

Thank You,

Tanmay