1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 19, 2014 11:01 AM by we9603

Discussion: Unable to use JConsole to remotely connect to a JBoss 7 server running in domain mode

we9603

Goal:

Use JConsole (that came w/ JBoss 7.2.0) on my PC to remotely connect to a JBoss server configured in domain mode using port offsets.

Configuration:

3 server groups have been defined using port offsets of 100, 300 and 500.

The domain.xml jmx subsystem has been modified by enabling the remoting-connector:

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:jmx:1.2">

<expose-resolved-model/>

<expose-expression-model/>

<remoting-connector use-management-endpoint="false"/>

</subsystem>

The add-user script has been ran to add an user to the application realm

Issue:

Getting authentication errors when using the JBoss JConsole from my PC:

Here is what I am passing on the JConsole:

service:jmx:remoting-jmx://[Unix physical server name]:4547

For the user name and password fields I am entering the user name and password that I added to the Application Realm via the add-user script.

Errors:

Upon hitting connect button: I get "Secured connection failed. Retry insecurely.." 

I hit the Insecure connection button, I get "Connection Failed: Retry?

The JConsole output shows the following error: ERROR: JBREM000200: Remote connection failed: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: Authentication Failed..."

Any assistance on this issue is appreciated.

• 1. Re: Discussion: Unable to use JConsole to remotely connect to a JBoss 7 server running in domain mode
          we9603

Enabling the remoting-connector on the domain.xml is correct.

<remoting-connector use-management-endpoint="false"/>

Adding the user to the ApplicationRealm via the add-user.sh is correct.

On my case the issue was that the application-users.properties that got updated from the add-user.sh script
          was the properties file located inside the default domain/configuration folder that ships w/ jboss 7.  We have a copy of the domain folder located
          on the same jboss container which we call master (e.g master/domain/configuration) Once I copied the properties file (that got updated) from default domain/configuration folder to the the master/domain/configuration, it worked.

I am connecting as described in previous posts:

service:jmx:remoting-jmx://[IP or dns name]:4447 (or 4447 plus port offset).  I am passing the credentials used during the add-user.sh script process.