4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2014 4:02 PM by ctomc

domain.bat on Windows XP (test computer)

pdsbgreg

I can start a standalone WildFly instance on my Windows XP computer with standalone.bat, but when I try to run domain.bat, none of the servers are started.  In the command prompt, it stops at "WildFly 8.0.0.Final 'WildFly' starting" and doesn't proceed further.  The host-controller and process-controller log files contain 3 and 2 lines respectively (only containing the content that is shown in the command prompt when I run domain.bat).  No error messages are shown in the command prompt or in the log files.

The JAVA_HOME variable is set in domain.conf.bat and is the same value as in standalone.conf.bat.

Is there something I am missing?  I was trying to follow along with Arun Gupta's video (HTTP Session Failover in WildFly 8 · WildFly) to try out both domain management and session failover.  The video makes it look nice and easy.

Thanks,

Greg.

• 1. Re: domain.bat on Windows XP (test computer)
          ctomc

Yes you are missing your chance to upgrade your decade old operating system

Joking aside, I would guess you are running Windows XP before SP3 version.

SP3 is only version that Java7 is certifed to work on.

In some testing we did, we could make domain mode work on SP3 but not on any previous versions.

Only thing i can recommend you is to

1) upgrade OS, as it is EOL-ing in less then a month, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/end-support-help

2) at least upgrade to SP3 with all patches and try again.

--

tomaz

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: domain.bat on Windows XP (test computer)
            pdsbgreg

It's my work computer (not my choice for sure!).  It is actually running sp3 with all of the latest updates (as of MS's last patch Tuesday release) and Java 7 (java home is "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_51").  I guess I will have to wait to test this functionality until our OS's are updated.

Thanks for the reply.

• 3. Re: domain.bat on Windows XP (test computer)
              myjbossmpp17

I was getting the same issue running WildFly in domain mode. I am using XP SP3.  Is it confirmed that WildFly does not support cluster mode in Windows XP?  Were you able to fix this issue?   

Thanks in advance.

• 4. Re: domain.bat on Windows XP (test computer)
                ctomc

Cluster != Domain

Domain mode is just for management of many nodes, and has noting to do with clustering.

You can setup clustering with standalone servers just fine.

In any case, we don't do any testing on Windows XP anymore, so i cannot tell you if and how well it works there..