I suppose the JNDI name should be "ejb:ejb-ear-1.0/an-ejb-1.0/SomeEjb!com.xyz.ejb.SomeEjbRemote"
Also the properties are a mix of remote-naming and ejb-client, this mix will have unexpected results.
Thank you for letting me know the proper JNDI name (and that the prefix has changed to "ejb:"). I made those changes.
Now I'm getting that error plus a new one:
- WARN: Could not register a EJB receiver for connection to 172.16.18.39:8080
- ERROR: JBREM000200: Remote connection failed: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: Authentication failed: the server presented no authentication mechanisms
- Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: EJBCLIENT000025: No EJB receiver available for handling [appName:ejb-ear-1.0, moduleName:an-ejb-1.0, distinctName:] combination for invocation context org.jboss.ejb.client.EJBClientInvocationContext@aee25db
I based the JNDI name on the URI I found in the server log. I'm attempting to look up this: "ejb:ejb-ear-1.0/an-ejb-1.0/SomeEjb!" + SomeEjbRemote.class.getName()