2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2014 8:14 AM by omenuel

JBoss EAP Patches

omenuel

Hello,

I have an application currently running on JBoss 5.1.

I migrated it on JBoss AS 7.1 without any issues (only configuration changes)

Recently, I tried it under JBoss EAP 6.2.0, and a lot of issues arrived (Security Manager, hibernate cache errors, stateful EJB issues).

I was really surprised and I'm considering reverting to Jboss 7.1. But I'm having a few questions :

- Are there any patches on JBoss ? Where can I find them ? I've found some links about a version 6.2.2, but I don't know where to download it

- JBoss 6.2 is pretty recent, is JBoss EAP 6.1 more stable ?

- Are there licenses differences between JBoss AS and JBoss EAP ? Where can I find the license terms ?

I tried searching the JBoss sites for these answers but I'm pretty lost.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: JBoss EAP Patches
          wdfink

EAP versions are the Enterprise version which are supported by Red Hat. You might use this versions for development for free, but if you try to run that in a production environment you need to have a subscription to be legal. You get a hint if you download EAP binaries.

EAP6.2 is a derivative of EAP6.1, there are some new features, enhancements and bugfixes.

But from AS7.1 it might be different, one thing is that the EAP versions is more conservative as it will be used in production, so the focus is on stability/suportability.

For EAP6.2 you will get patches if you have a valid subscription, see http://www.redhat.com/support

If you have specific questions you might start a new thread for this. If you have a subscription you can use the Support Portal and open a case there.

• 2. Re: JBoss EAP Patches
            omenuel

Thank you for your answer

Actually, I found some other information about patches.

It seems the source for the latest patches can be downloaded for free on the redhat site, and can be used freely on a production environment (the license is only for the binaries).