0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2014 5:38 AM by starlight74

"Total BLOCK TIME" constantly increasing

starlight74

Hi,

I'm rather new at  Jboss Configuration but i'm trying to determine the cause of a performance problem i think being not a trivial one:

We have an application that shows a dinamically constructed webpage, and even with a single-user doing a single request the

time it takes to show the result is of many tens of seconds!!

After many days spent analyzing this problem i came upon the following facts:

-  the response time is not affected by application server and db server resources  (we have a quad core/ 8 GB RAM as application and a 2 node RAC Oracle as DB).

- The statistics about the DB Connection Pool collected trough the jmx-console are all similiar to the following:

Available Connections Count:50

Max Connections In Use Count: 1

Connections Destroyed Count:0

Connections In Use Count:0

Total Block Time:60

Average Block Time For Sub Pool:1

Maximum Wait Time For Sub Pool:2

Total Timed Out Connections:0

- The "total Block Time" keeps increasing after every single request.

With  a log generated by "p6spy", i determined that  the single webpage request generates  over 1400 sql statements, and
      the statements are sequentially executed using a single connection.

Then I came to the conclusion that  total block time increasing is caused by the fact that when the connection is busy with a

statement, the following one has to wait  (the statements are all "read-only")

so i have the following questions:

- why is used a single connection when the pool has other 49 avalaible?

- Is it possible to force the "parallelization" of the statements??

- is there a way to have a detailed log about the connection pool management ??

Thanks in advance,

Starlight74