0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2014 1:45 PM by scrappy

RTL/LTR/Bi-Directional Content

scrappy

We're developing an app that is multi-lingual ... up until now, our focus had been on English and French (LTR languages), but have recently started to look into extending it to support Arabic (RTL) ...

Our developers have looked into it, and has concluded that we need to run two seperate servers, as its a 'boot time' configuration change ... which I think is a bit odd, since, looking around, I found GateLN Portal (Home - GateIn Portal 3.8 - Project Documentation Editor), which, looking at its examples, seems to allow for both RTL *and* LTR on the same pages, mixed ...

Before I continue to try and find a solution that somehow makes flipping between different servers transparent to the end user ... is there something our developers are missing / overlooking that allows for bi-directional content vs seperate servers that do RTL-only vs LTR-only?

Pointers to docs on how to do this appreciated ... most, if not all, of what I'm finding via Google seems to point back to GateLN, which I'm gathering is an application that does it ... or is GateLN a required layer for it ... ?

Thanks ...