2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2014 11:25 AM by yersan

Deploy a different mojarra version with a web application.

yersan

Hi all,

I'm using wildfly 8.0.0 but I cannot deploy my project with a different JSF mojarra version. My web project includes the JSF libraries in WEB-INF/lib but I'm receiving the following exception when the application is deployed:

2014-04-09 23:24:08,051 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-16) MSC000001: Failed to start service jboss.undertow.deployment.default-server.default-host./app: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.undertow.deployment.default-server.default-host./app: Failed to start service

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1904) [jboss-msc-1.2.0.Final.jar:1.2.0.Final]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) [rt.jar:1.7.0_51]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) [rt.jar:1.7.0_51]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744) [rt.jar:1.7.0_51]

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.sun.faces.config.ConfigurationException: The tag named passThroughAttribute from namespace http://xmlns.jcp.org/jsf/core has a null handler-class defined

at io.undertow.servlet.core.DeploymentManagerImpl.deploy(DeploymentManagerImpl.java:216)

at org.wildfly.extension.undertow.deployment.UndertowDeploymentService.startContext(UndertowDeploymentService.java:86)

at org.wildfly.extension.undertow.deployment.UndertowDeploymentService.start(UndertowDeploymentService.java:71)

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1948) [jboss-msc-1.2.0.Final.jar:1.2.0.Final]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1881) [jboss-msc-1.2.0.Final.jar:1.2.0.Final]

... 3 more

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.sun.faces.config.ConfigurationException: The tag named passThroughAttribute from namespace http://xmlns.jcp.org/jsf/core has a null handler-class defined

at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.contextInitialized(ConfigureListener.java:273)

at io.undertow.servlet.core.ApplicationListeners.contextInitialized(ApplicationListeners.java:173)

at io.undertow.servlet.core.DeploymentManagerImpl.deploy(DeploymentManagerImpl.java:187)

... 7 more

Caused by: com.sun.faces.config.ConfigurationException: The tag named passThroughAttribute from namespace http://xmlns.jcp.org/jsf/core has a null handler-class defined

at com.sun.faces.config.processor.FaceletTaglibConfigProcessor.processHandlerClass(FaceletTaglibConfigProcessor.java:422)

at com.sun.faces.config.processor.FaceletTaglibConfigProcessor.processTags(FaceletTaglibConfigProcessor.java:378)

at com.sun.faces.config.processor.FaceletTaglibConfigProcessor.processTagLibrary(FaceletTaglibConfigProcessor.java:321)

at com.sun.faces.config.processor.FaceletTaglibConfigProcessor.process(FaceletTaglibConfigProcessor.java:270)

at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigManager.initialize(ConfigManager.java:437)

at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.contextInitialized(ConfigureListener.java:214)

... 9 more

I have search around the issue and it seems a collisions between the JSF mojarra version used by wildfly Mojarra 2.2.5 and my JSF version packaged with my project Mojarra 2.2.6.

So, the question is, how can I use my own libraries deployed in my application and skip the wildfly libraries? I would like to use the versions deployed with my application.

• 1. Re: Deploy a different mojarra version with a web application.
          lafr

Did you specify

<context-param>

<param-name>org.jboss.jbossfaces.WAR_BUNDLES_JSF_IMPL</param-name>

<param-value>true</param-value>

</context-param>

?

• 2. Re: Deploy a different mojarra version with a web application.
            yersan

I see the same error with that context param added to web.xml.

Relevant piece of my pom, maybe is a problem with my class path ??

<dependencies>      

<dependency>

<groupId>javax</groupId> 

<artifactId>javaee-api</artifactId> 

<version>7.0</version>

<scope>provided</scope>

</dependency>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.glassfish</groupId>

<artifactId>javax.faces</artifactId>

<version>2.2.6</version>

</dependency>