3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2014 2:02 AM by jaikiran

Jboss Cost

scottjsn

I saw some sample cost analysis on RedHat Jboss EAP.  It mentioned something like JDK and HTTP Server.

For instance:

CPU core#: 128

Application Server: $80,000

JDK: $25,992

HTTP Server: $2500

My question:  My web app is JSP based, I do not need the HTTP server.  Also, I can download the JDK for free, so I do not need the JDK, either.  In this case, if I can still install and run the Jboss EAP (without the package JDK and HTTP server), to save the extra cost?

Thanks

Scott

• 1. Re: Jboss Cost
          ctomc

Moved to EAP forum.

• 2. Re: Jboss Cost
            adila01

Yes, you don't need to purchase JDK or an HTTP server.  Those estimations look like they came from a Websphere TCO whitepaper. I thought that whitepaper was way off. 

What we did was use Oracle Server JRE (free download), clustered with F5 load balancers (Apache with mod_cluster works fine as well), and JBoss EAP 6.1 Premium support. For the JBoss EAP 6.1, we purchased a 16 core license from a reseller. In terms of middleware, we only needed to purchase the 16 core JBoss EAP 6.1 license and nothing else. I hope this helps.

• 3. Re: Jboss Cost
              jaikiran

Like I noted here http://www.coderanch.com/t/632515/JBoss/Jboss-EAP-Cost it's better to ask this to the JBoss EAP sales/support team.