3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2014 2:56 PM by tejones

VDB Web Service WAR Generation Failed

ranjith123

Hi Team,

I am facing a strange problem in using Teiid Designer in JBoss Developer Studio 7.0.0 GA. I can model VDB and generate WSDL WAR when the JB Studio is used in Windows 7 PC. But when i try to do the same in Windows XP machine i end up getting WAR generation failed. I am using exactly the same Java build (1.7_51) and the same version of JB Studio is both set-up. Is there a concern in using Teiid Designer + JB Studio 7.0.0 in XP environment to generate WAR for VDB ??

The Error i see in JB Studio eclipse is as follows

java.lang.RuntimeException

at org.teiid.designer.runtime.ui.wizards.webservices.util.DefaultWebArchiveBuilderImpl.generateWsdl(DefaultWebArchiveBuilderImpl.java:725)

at org.teiid.designer.runtime.ui.wizards.webservices.util.DefaultWebArchiveBuilderImpl.createWebArchive(DefaultWebArchiveBuilderImpl.java:235)

at org.teiid.designer.runtime.ui.wizards.webservices.WarDeploymentInfoDialog.execute(WarDeploymentInfoDialog.java:195)

at org.teiid.designer.runtime.ui.wizards.webservices.WarDeploymentInfoDialog$1.run(WarDeploymentInfoDialog.java:150)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)

Any help is appreciated

Thank you

RM

• 1. Re: VDB Web Service WAR Generation Failed
          tejones

Hi Ranjith,

What version of Designer do you have installed in JBDS? What is the full path to your workspace (does it have spaces in it)? Is your workspace on a mapped network drive?

Thanks,

Ted

• 2. Re: VDB Web Service WAR Generation Failed
            ranjith123

Hi Ted,

Here are the details

JBDC Version - 7.0.0 GA

Teiid Target Version - 8.4

Workspace - C:\RanjithC\JBStudio700

My machine has partitioned Drives - E: Drive have Product Install (JBDS) and C: Drive has Workspace

Maven repository is in C:\Documents and Settings\...\.m2\repository. Does this have any baring to the WSDL generation. Project builds etc.. seems to be working fine

Thank you

Ranjith

• 3. Re: VDB Web Service WAR Generation Failed
              tejones

Thanks for the info Ranjith. Nothing suspect there. I need to know what version of Teiid Designer you have installed though. You can tell this by opening the About dialog for JBDS and clicking on the Teiid lizard icon.

Thanks,

Ted