9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2016 9:54 AM by rareddy

Error while installing DV

deps1972

I just started playing around with latest DV

I am getting following errors towards the end of the installation of DV

16:50:33,300 INFO  [org.jboss.modules] (main) JBoss Modules version 1.2.2.Final-redhat-1

16:50:33,486 INFO  [org.jboss.msc] (main) JBoss MSC version 1.0.4.GA-redhat-1

16:50:33,557 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (MSC service thread 1-7) JBAS015899: JBoss EAP 6.1.1.GA (AS 7.2.1.Final-redhat-10) starting

Waiting for server to be ready. This could take up to 15 seconds.

Failed to start Server after 6 attempts.

Starting process DV standalone installation (11/46)

Trying to connect to Management Interface...(1/5).

Trying to connect to Management Interface...(2/5).

Trying to connect to Management Interface...(3/5).

Trying to connect to Management Interface...(4/5).

Trying to connect to Management Interface...(5/5).

Failed to connect to Management Interface after 5 attempts.

Post Processing Error

Invocation Problem calling : com.redhat.installer.postinstall.CliScriptHelper, java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.ProcessPanelWorker$ExecutableClass.run(ProcessPanelWorker.java:760)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.ProcessPanelWorker$ProcessingJob.run(ProcessPanelWorker.java:516)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.ProcessPanelWorker.runJob(ProcessPanelWorker.java:462)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.ProcessPanelWorker.run(ProcessPanelWorker.java:388)

at com.izforge.izpack.panels.ProcessPanelConsoleHelper.runConsole(ProcessPanelConsoleHelper.java:126)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.ConsoleInstaller.iterateAndPerformAction(ConsoleInstaller.java:289)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.ConsoleInstaller.doInstall(ConsoleInstaller.java:612)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.ConsoleInstaller.run(ConsoleInstaller.java:753)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.Installer.main(Installer.java:185)

Caused by: org.jboss.as.cli.CommandLineException: ServerCommands: You are not connected to any host. runBatch() can only be run while connected

at com.redhat.installer.postinstall.ServerCommands.runBatch(ServerCommands.java:1458)

at com.redhat.installer.postinstall.ServerCommands.runBatch(ServerCommands.java:1478)

at com.redhat.installer.postinstall.CliScriptHelper.run(CliScriptHelper.java:61)

... 13 more

Starting process Onfail Server Shutdown Job (12/46)

Running on-fail server check.

Shutting server down.

Trying to connect to Management Interface...(1/5).

Trying to connect to Management Interface...(2/5).

Trying to connect to Management Interface...(3/5).

Trying to connect to Management Interface...(4/5).

Trying to connect to Management Interface...(5/5).

Failed to connect to Management Interface after 5 attempts.

org.jboss.as.cli.CommandFormatException: You are disconnected at the moment. Type 'connect' to connect to the server or 'help' for the list of supported commands.

at org.jboss.as.cli.handlers.OperationRequestHandler.handle(OperationRequestHandler.java:62)

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CommandContextImpl.handle(CommandContextImpl.java:558)

at com.redhat.installer.postinstall.ServerCommands.addToLoggerAndHandle(ServerCommands.java:755)

at com.redhat.installer.postinstall.ServerCommands.submitCommand(ServerCommands.java:713)

at com.redhat.installer.postinstall.ServerCommands.shutdownHost(ServerCommands.java:1433)

at com.redhat.installer.postinstall.ServerManager.shutdownServer(ServerManager.java:738)

at com.redhat.installer.postinstall.ServerManager.shutdownServer(ServerManager.java:685)

at com.redhat.installer.postinstall.ServerManager.run(ServerManager.java:239)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.ProcessPanelWorker$ExecutableClass.run(ProcessPanelWorker.java:765)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.ProcessPanelWorker$ProcessingJob.run(ProcessPanelWorker.java:516)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.ProcessPanelWorker.runJob(ProcessPanelWorker.java:462)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.ProcessPanelWorker.run(ProcessPanelWorker.java:401)

at com.izforge.izpack.panels.ProcessPanelConsoleHelper.runConsole(ProcessPanelConsoleHelper.java:126)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.ConsoleInstaller.iterateAndPerformAction(ConsoleInstaller.java:289)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.ConsoleInstaller.doInstall(ConsoleInstaller.java:612)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.ConsoleInstaller.run(ConsoleInstaller.java:753)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.Installer.main(Installer.java:185)

Application Server successfully stopped.

Any ideas why I am getting these errors

I am installing DV on Red Hat Linux 64 Server

• 1. Re: Error while installing DV
          rareddy

Deepak,

Do you have another EAP running on this machine? There may be a "server.log" might share little insight.

Ramesh..

• 2. Re: Error while installing DV
            rareddy

Deepak,

What we found is if there is space in your "JAVA_HOME" environment property this occurs. To fix it, I had uninstall the JAVA SDK, then install in location which does not have any spaces, then update the JAVA_HOME environment property and restart the install. Typically Java is installed by default in "Program Files" directory on Windows platform, which is seems to cause problem here.

Ramesh..

• 3. Re: Error while installing DV
              deps1972

I think this error was due the Java Version. My Java version was 8 so now with Java 7 it looks like getting installed OK as I am not getting this error.

Now I have some errors when I run ./standalone.sh

I get error related to dashboard component like below

Error starting bean org.jboss.dashboard.workspace.SkinsManagerImpl$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy: java.lang.NullPointerException

11:05:52,075 ERROR [org.jboss.dashboard.annotation.StartableProcessor] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 59) Error starting bean org.jboss.dashboard.workspace.SkinsManagerImpl$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy: java.lang.NullPointerException

Looks like server is started as at the bottom it says

11:05:52,370 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 28) JBAS018559: Deployed "ModeShape.vdb" (runtime-name : "ModeShape.vdb")

11:05:52,371 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 28) JBAS018559: Deployed "teiid-dashboard-builder.war" (runtime-name : "teiid-dashboard-builder.war")

11:05:52,372 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 51) JBAS018559: Deployed "teiid-odata-8.4.1-redhat-7.war" (runtime-name : "teiid-odata-8.4.1-redhat-7.war")

11:05:52,372 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 50) JBAS018559: Deployed "modeshape-webdav.war" (runtime-name : "modeshape-webdav.war")

11:05:52,373 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 50) JBAS018559: Deployed "modeshape-rest.war" (runtime-name : "modeshape-rest.war")

11:05:52,433 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015961: Http management interface listening on http://127.0.0.1:9990/management

11:05:52,433 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015951: Admin console listening on http://127.0.0.1:9990

11:05:52,434 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015874: JBoss EAP 6.1.1.GA (AS 7.2.1.Final-redhat-10) started in 198265ms - Started 633 of 727 services (91 services are passive or on-demand)

But can't access the management url

http://awmsdhx00390.awmltd.com.au:9990/management

• 4. Re: Error while installing DV
                deps1972

This is the latest error when I try to run ./standalone.sh

ERROR [org.jboss.dashboard.annotation.StartableProcessor] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 62) Error starting bean org.jboss.dashboard.database.hibernate.HibernateInitializer$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy: org.hibernate.HibernateException: Could not parse configuration: /local/apps/jboss-dv/jboss-eap-6.1/standalone/deployments/teiid-dashboard-builder.war/./WEB-INF/etc/hibernate.cfg.xml

at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:2035) [hibernate-core-4.2.0.SP1-redhat-1.jar:4.2.0.SP1-redhat-1]

at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.configure(Configuration.java:2005) [hibernate-core-4.2.0.SP1-redhat-1.jar:4.2.0.SP1-redhat-1]

at org.jboss.dashboard.database.hibernate.HibernateInitializer.start(HibernateInitializer.java:113) [dashboard-commons-6.0.0-redhat-8.jar:6.0.0-redhat-8]

at org.jboss.dashboard.database.hibernate.HibernateInitializer$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.start(HibernateInitializer$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.java) [dashboard-commons-6.0.0-redhat-8.jar:6.0.0-redhat-8]

at org.jboss.dashboard.annotation.StartableProcessor.wakeUpStartableBeans(StartableProcessor.java:48) [dashboard-commons-6.0.0-redhat-8.jar:6.0.0-redhat-8]

at org.jboss.dashboard.Application.start(Application.java:104) [dashboard-commons-6.0.0-redhat-8.jar:6.0.0-redhat-8]

at org.jboss.dashboard.Application$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.start(Application$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.java) [dashboard-commons-6.0.0-redhat-8.jar:6.0.0-redhat-8]

at org.jboss.dashboard.ui.controller.ControllerServlet$1.doWork(ControllerServlet.java:73) [dashboard-ui-core-6.0.0-redhat-8.jar:]

at org.jboss.dashboard.factory.Factory.runWork(Factory.java:295) [dashboard-commons-6.0.0-redhat-8.jar:6.0.0-redhat-8]

at org.jboss.dashboard.factory.Factory.doWork(Factory.java:321) [dashboard-commons-6.0.0-redhat-8.jar:6.0.0-redhat-8]

at org.jboss.dashboard.ui.controller.ControllerServlet.init(ControllerServlet.java:70) [dashboard-ui-core-6.0.0-redhat-8.jar:]

at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:242) [jboss-servlet-api_3.0_spec-1.0.2.Final-redhat-1.jar:1.0.2.Final-redhat-1]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1194) [jbossweb-7.2.2.Final-redhat-1.jar:7.2.2.Final-redhat-1]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1100) [jbossweb-7.2.2.Final-redhat-1.jar:7.2.2.Final-redhat-1]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3591) [jbossweb-7.2.2.Final-redhat-1.jar:7.2.2.Final-redhat-1]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3798) [jbossweb-7.2.2.Final-redhat-1.jar:7.2.2.Final-redhat-1]

at org.jboss.as.web.deployment.WebDeploymentService.doStart(WebDeploymentService.java:156) [jboss-as-web-7.2.1.Final-redhat-10.jar:7.2.1.Final-redhat-10]

at org.jboss.as.web.deployment.WebDeploymentService.access$000(WebDeploymentService.java:60) [jboss-as-web-7.2.1.Final-redhat-10.jar:7.2.1.Final-redhat-10]

at org.jboss.as.web.deployment.WebDeploymentService$1.run(WebDeploymentService.java:93) [jboss-as-web-7.2.1.Final-redhat-10.jar:7.2.1.Final-redhat-10]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471) [rt.jar:1.7.0_21]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334) [rt.jar:1.7.0_21]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166) [rt.jar:1.7.0_21]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) [rt.jar:1.7.0_21]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) [rt.jar:1.7.0_21]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [rt.jar:1.7.0_21]

at org.jboss.threads.JBossThread.run(JBossThread.java:122)

Caused by: org.dom4j.DocumentException: Connection timed out Nested exception: Connection timed out

at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:484)

at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:2027) [hibernate-core-4.2.0.SP1-redhat-1.jar:4.2.0.SP1-redhat-1]

... 25 more

• 5. Re: Error while installing DV
                  bonnysinha

I found that the DTD definition in hibernate.cfg seemed incorrect. I found a post Bug 1062466 – Starting bean org.jboss.dashboard.database.hibernate.HibernateInitializer throws an error during boot up p… that provided an alternate DTD. I modified as per the suggestion and it worked just fine.

• 6. Re: Error while installing DV
                    astyvalentina

Dear Sir Ramesh Reddy. Hello i'm sorry for disturbing. I am Asty, an Indonesian and now i'm doing installation-process of JBoss Data Visualizer and get problem. Installation process not working because "failed to start server". I have install JDK 1.7 and locate JDK in local disk which doesn't have anyspaces (User/Valentina/JAVA) but installation process is still not working.  I really need advice and solution if you don't mind, thank you beforeCapture.PNG

• 7. Re: Error while installing DV
                      rhn-engineering-rareddy

See if you can find log file of the installation and attach here, to find the root cause.

• 8. Re: Error while installing DV
                        astyvalentina

sir, my previous problem have been solved, thank you. i can finish jdv installation, but i have problem when i try to patch jboss eap, i'm doing re-installation eap now (patching on previous installation can work) but now it can't work. please help me to solve my problem, thank you in advance.patch doesnt apply.PNG

• 9. Re: Error while installing DV
                          rareddy

I think you should try installing the JDV 6.3 Beta, which includes EAP 6.4 built-in, see JBoss Data Virtualization - Downloads for Download, and directions here 7.2. Installing JBoss Data Virtualization: Basic Installation - Red Hat Customer Portal